Fiio M11 or Chord Mojo?
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

MandolinRob

New Head-Fier
Ill mainly be using Tidal on a laptop as source whilst working, but also will use on the go.

Chord Mojo or Fiio M11 - do they sound very different?

For use with JH Roxanne CIEMs and to drive closed backs under £800 not decided what yet.

Thoughts from anyone that has used both with the same headphones much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 17
Have to say haven’t heard the M11 but have several others and can say the Mojo is worth looking at especially if you are looking at some closed backs in the future.

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 17
so on the go you would be connecting your phone to the mojo?
I use the M11 at my desk and on the go. Quite happy with it.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 17
Don’t forget the M11 is a full DAP so a little more flexible on the go. If you want to have something you pair with a phone or laptop then the Q5s is a good option. If you’re still after a DAP the M11 Pro looks good in specs (coming later this year).

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #5 of 17
Thanks for the heads up on the M11 pro, I’ve gone back over CanJam London thread to research and that seals the deal I’ll wait for that and then get that. Use with my JH roxannes for a bit and then maybe get some ZMF or Focal closed backs.

Many thanks for your contribution!

Rob

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 17
Ill mainly be using Tidal on a laptop as source whilst working, but also will use on the go.

Chord Mojo or Fiio M11 - do they sound very different?

For use with JH Roxanne CIEMs and to drive closed backs under £800 not decided what yet.

Thoughts from anyone that has used both with the same headphones much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

If Tidal and on the go are what's important, you should also look into DX220, R6 Pro, and N6II

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 17
Adding another take on the subject - you buy the M11 or any of the other DAPs mainly as a source, you buy the Mojo for its unique sound quality.
I have the Mojo and I love the SQ. I use it with a HiBy R3 DAP, iPhone and iPad and sometimes Computer.
Tidal works best with the iPhone and iPad.

Sound quality of the Mojo is quite special, it's rather difficult to describe, but if I listen to anything else I might be impressed at first but start missing the Mojo quickly.
It has a natural and kind of analog feeling to it. Chord has produced more than 100.000 units.

I am sure I will change DAPs in the future, but I don't think I'll ever sell the Mojo, except for another Chord DAC.
My stack with 3D printed case and transport box:

IMG_8073.JPG IMG_8070.JPG IMG_8266.JPG

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #8 of 17
Hmm, Surf George you may have hit the nail on the head. I get the M11 (save the money and the wait on the pro) then wait for chord to bring out a Mojo 2, and plan to get that on preorder when that comes out.

Does anyone know if the M11 will drive the MrSpeaker Aeon flow closed back sufficiently? (With a third party cable driving them via the 4.4mm balances output)

Many thanks, love the 3-d printed case btw. Especially for the mojo, would you take a commission for a custom colour one down the line?

Cheers,

Rob

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #9 of 17
Mojo & Poly all the way dude.

There is no better pocket dac than mojo, but grab the poly addon module and you have an excellent dap killer.

Aug 29, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #10 of 17
Adding another take on the subject - you buy the M11 or any of the other DAPs mainly as a source, you buy the Mojo for its unique sound quality.
I have the Mojo and I love the SQ. I use it with a HiBy R3 DAP, iPhone and iPad and sometimes Computer.
Tidal works best with the iPhone and iPad.

Sound quality of the Mojo is quite special, it's rather difficult to describe, but if I listen to anything else I might be impressed at first but start missing the Mojo quickly.
It has a natural and kind of analog feeling to it. Chord has produced more than 100.000 units.

I am sure I will change DAPs in the future, but I don't think I'll ever sell the Mojo, except for another Chord DAC.
My stack with 3D printed case and transport box:

Cool case ! what an eye catcher =)

Aug 29, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #11 of 17
Cool case ! what an eye catcher =)
Thanks!
It took me quite some time and prototypes to design it, but it really looks good and works like a charm. Especially in combination with the transport box I can just throw it into my bag and don't have to worry about anything.
Interestingly the HiBy R3 seems to have been specifically designed to be stacked with the Mojo, the size is a perfect match and they even offered a coax cable right from the get go.

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #12 of 17
I bought an M11, but it can not drive 10 ohm CA Solaris, so don't count on it handling loads below 15 ohms. I then tried it out with the FH7s I bought before the Solaris. I love everything about the M11 except the amp section, which is absolutely dreadful. It is not an open, airy, spacious sounding amp. The soundstage is collapsed and claustrophobic. Maybe this is just my personal preference for non-warm sounding equipment, but if you really dig a wide holographic soundstage, this is not the DAP to get.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #13 of 17
Now that the M11 PRO is out, does anybody know if it can compete with Mojo+Poly sound quality wise? From what I read it sounds as good as 1000€ DAPs, but Chord+Poly anyone?

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #15 of 17
For its size the Chord Mojo is powerful and can drive quite a number of HP’s. It also has a lovely sound to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back