fiio m11, Hiby r6 pro, or Ibasso DX220?
Sep 2, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #16 of 29
I have owned Dx200 amp 8, Hiby R6 Pro and m11... All have flaws but all equally are excellent daps.
The ibasso battery life and build are not on par with either r6 pro or m11, infact having to charge a dap for hours just to get 5 or 6 hours play back for its cost is pretty bad in my opinion and I heard the 220 isn't much better. The ui on the 200 is out of date too and clunky and needs to run separately to the android.
Audio with amp 8 is pretty good though but is it worth it's value with the above other points I mentioned?
R6pro is fantastically built with excellent ui and more on par with its cost, the audio is pretty good too with a more fuller poweful sound, yes the treble is a little rolled off but not to the degree its a game changer in my eyes... It does have a little hiss but again I feel this is more power and mastering related than anything as poor or older recordings seem to show this up more, it also reportedly suffers interference from phones, again this is minor and virtually never happens and when it does your phone would have to be on top of it.
Fantastic dap and I kept it over the 200 amp8.
The M11 is the best dap fiio have made by far, in short it sounds good with slick ui, ample storage options and great build and screen. No real major faults although it may be a bit neutral for some.

If I were to choose between the 3 (obviously I'm going on the 200 here although I heard 220 isn't so different)

I would choose either the Hiby or the M11.. The Hiby is fantastic and excellent build with a big bold analogue sound, nothing ever sounds bad on the Hiby.
The M11 is a bit more neutral with less bass and a bit brighter tonality but still sounds great and can't fault it.
Sorry ibasso but your battery life/charging and build just aren't in the same league in my eyes although with amp8 it did sound good.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #17 of 29
I have owned Dx200 amp 8, Hiby R6 Pro and m11... All have flaws but all equally are excellent daps.
The ibasso battery life and build are not on par with either r6 pro or m11, infact having to charge a dap for hours just to get 5 or 6 hours play back for its cost is pretty bad in my opinion and I heard the 220 isn't much better. The ui on the 200 is out of date too and clunky and needs to run separately to the android.
Audio with amp 8 is pretty good though but is it worth it's value with the above other points I mentioned?
R6pro is fantastically built with excellent ui and more on par with its cost, the audio is pretty good too with a more fuller poweful sound, yes the treble is a little rolled off but not to the degree its a game changer in my eyes... It does have a little hiss but again I feel this is more power and mastering related than anything as poor or older recordings seem to show this up more, it also reportedly suffers interference from phones, again this is minor and virtually never happens and when it does your phone would have to be on top of it.
The M11 is the best dap fiio have made by far, in short it sounds good with slick ui, ample storage options and great build and screen. No real major faults although it may be a bit neutral for some.

If I were to choose between the 3 (obviously I'm going on the 200 here although I heard 220 isn't so different)

I would choose either the Hiby or the M11.. The Hiby is fantastic and excellent build with a big bold analogue sound, nothing ever sounds bad on the Hiby.
The M11 is a bit more neutral with less bass and a bit brighter tonality but still sounds great and can't fault it.
Sorry ibasso but your battery life/charging and build just aren't in the same league in my eyes although with amp8 it did sound good.

My 2 cents.
I agree with everything you've written. An m11 can sound great using neutron and has a great battery life. Hiby r6pro is great too. Dx220 has bad battery life and very laggy

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #18 of 29
I agree with everything you've written. An m11 can sound great using neutron and has a great battery life. Hiby r6pro is great too. Dx220 has bad battery life and very laggy

My 2 cents.
Very nice.
I have Exactly same opinion.

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #20 of 29
I bought the M11, hoping it could be an alternative my bulky amp/phone stack, but it could not drive the 10 ohm Solaris. So, I tried it with the FH7, and the amp is absolutely NOT open, airy, and spacious sounding. I see glowing reviews for the M11, so maybe people prefer that sound. For me, the soundstage is collapsed and painful to listen to, like, shockingly bad. But, everything else about it is utterly wonderful, IMO. On the basis of that experience, I would go with the DX220 because it has changeable amp modules.

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #21 of 29
At first I bought the DX150, but problems with heating and software bugs forced me to buy a DX220! But it has the same problems: battery life/temperature/software bugs. In the end, I returned everything. Now I'm waiting for R6 pro.

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #22 of 29
Ive not heard the Dx220 but I have the Fioo M11 pro and Hiby R6 Pro.

The Hiby wins even with a EMI issue if you get it too close to a router or iphone.

The Hiby amp is much more powerful and to me has more clarity. I had to put Fiio m11 on high gain to get decent fullness of sound .No need for that on the Hiby.

The Hiby is clearly better on the low end.

Im beginning to figure out Im not a fan of the AK chips except with the RME ADI-2 dac where RME did an incredible job with implementing the chip .

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #23 of 29
I experienced all there but owned the Fiio and Hiby. In my subjective opinion, besides the EMI thing, the Hiby R6 Pro wins by quite a big margin. That MSEQ feature can totally take care of the recessed highs people talk about. One has to understand that a standard DAC chip is capable of doing all ranges of frequencies. Sometimes it is the prowess of the user that can change good to great!

TL;DR: R6 Pro.

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #24 of 29
I experienced all there but owned the Fiio and Hiby. In my subjective opinion, besides the EMI thing, the Hiby R6 Pro wins by quite a big margin. That MSEQ feature can totally take care of the recessed highs people talk about. One has to understand that a standard DAC chip is capable of doing all ranges of frequencies. Sometimes it is the prowess of the user that can change good to great!

TL;DR: R6 Pro.
I would agree with this and tried the Fiio M11 pro and didn’t think it was as good as the Hiby .

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #25 of 29
At first I bought the DX150, but problems with heating and software bugs forced me to buy a DX220! But it has the same problems: battery life/temperature/software bugs. In the end, I returned everything. Now I'm waiting for R6 pro.

Absolutely agree! I used to own the iBasso DX220 and returned it. The device is extremely laggy and problematic. It is unbelievable that such a garbage audio player costs $979 ($1179 with AMP8)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #27 of 29
(IF thinking about getting the m11...)

Wait for M11 Pro if budget allows. if you have more money and patience, m15

But isn't this 'slippery slope' the way it always seems to go? :upside_down:
Merchants of all kinds of gear have learned how to wave the next
incremental benefit under the customer's nose...
oooh, just a little tiny bit more and you can have all this fabulous stuff!
Instead of that "standard" stuff which the hoi polloi is buying.

Trying to cut through in order to find the best value player for the money,
I'm leaning to the HiBy R5. Pretty much all the reviewers like it, very few
negatives, and priced at (only) $299.

In many ways it seems a better value if not overall better
than the current competition.

Oct 29, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #29 of 29
But isn't this 'slippery slope' the way it always seems to go? :upside_down:
Merchants of all kinds of gear have learned how to wave the next
incremental benefit under the customer's nose...
oooh, just a little tiny bit more and you can have all this fabulous stuff!
Instead of that "standard" stuff which the hoi polloi is buying.

Trying to cut through in order to find the best value player for the money,
I'm leaning to the HiBy R5. Pretty much all the reviewers like it, very few
negatives, and priced at (only) $299.

In many ways it seems a better value if not overall better
than the current competition.
Ended up with the PAW 6000 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back