Fiio L1 LOD- low profile for iPod
Feb 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #17 of 27
I just received one of these from the eBay seller in Ireland, got to Toronto in 6 days. Seems good so far but I haven't used it with an amp yet, just some portable speakers. Actually I just noticed I got mine from the guy who posted above me, thanks dude.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #20 of 27
My one of these fell apart in like 10 seconds, but I super glued it together and now it's all good :p

(the dock end casing came apart)

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by leveller1642 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked this up from a local ebay seller for about $10 plus postage. I don't think I can detect any difference between it and the custom LOD I picked up off a Head-Fi'er. I think Filo claims it is the smallest iPod LOD in the world.

News Center-FiiO Electronic Technology

2009826165116641.jpg

Could you give more info about the custom LOD that you're comparing the L1 to? I ask because I have an L1 and am thinking about getting a custom LOD.

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #22 of 27
I ordered one of these from Ireland...it took only 2 full business days to get from there to Rochester, NY. The guy is also very nice, sent me a confirmation email and a ETA for shipping time. Highly recommend!

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't say absolutely for sure re: the iPod touch, but the FiiO L1 LOD works with the new 5th generation iPod nano, while an old LOD that works with a 1st generation iPod nano does not work with the 5th generation iPod nano.

I contacted the seller to ask if it had the 68K ohm resister that tells the latest iPodxx to send audio to the line out WITHOUT any mesages being generate by the iPod touch/phone.

He replied,
"The LOD has the resistor, which make compatible
with all GEN apple products.

You might get 'this is not an apple product' msg
but you just ignore it.

Kind Regards

Shane

- lambayrules"

So I'm confused--maybe I don't know the purpose of the resistor.

Anyone help here???? TIA George

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrywild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My one of these fell apart in like 10 seconds, but I super glued it together and now it's all good :p

(the dock end casing came apart)

Do you remember what was in there? A resistor by any chance? George

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by f4phantom2500 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you give more info about the custom LOD that you're comparing the L1 to? I ask because I have an L1 and am thinking about getting a custom LOD.

Pardon me for not seeing your post sooner.

I bought it on ebay for just over $US30 from a seller in Malaysia. It has a straight neutrik plug and a swedish LOD connector. Unsure of the wire used but it is thin and encased in some mesh stuff. The seller is a member on this forum. Actually i sent him another $US40 about 5 months ago for a low profile LOD but I have yet to receive it. Thank you for reminding me.

I have been meaning to contact qusp for the best LOD he has to offer to see if i can detect an improvement.

Apr 2, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #26 of 27
I just tested the L1 with an iPhone 3G. A message popped up prompting you to switch into airplane mode but it works fine even if you cancel that.

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just tested the L1 with an iPhone 3G. A message popped up prompting you to switch into airplane mode but it works fine even if you cancel that.

I guess I'm mistaken. I thought the resistor was suppose to not only mean you did not have to switch the phone off (airplane mode), but that messages were suppressed.

Thank you for your experiment, George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back