Fiio K9 Pro help
Nov 28, 2021 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RezLyfe80

New Head-Fier
I just got the K9 Pro and when I went to download the driver for it from the Fiio website, it changed the name of the device to, Fiio Q Portable. I removed the device and plugged it back in. Now it shows K9 Pro again but also that the driver is unavailable.

It's working with no issues off USB, just concerned that it says, driver unavailable. I am not familiar with DAC/Amps and don't know if it's just using the amp and not the DAC? I'm confused.

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 3
I just got the K9 Pro and when I went to download the driver for it from the Fiio website, it changed the name of the device to, Fiio Q Portable. I removed the device and plugged it back in. Now it shows K9 Pro again but also that the driver is unavailable.
How did you change a name? By editing the .inf file? If so, then restore the original file.

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 3
How did you change a name? By editing the .inf file? If so, then restore the original file.
It's really weird, when I installed the dac driver from Fiio's website for the k9 pro, and then went and looked at the device in windows it said Fiio q. I just removed the device and plugged it back in, and it's working fine and sounds great. I am just wondering why now it says driver unavailable.

I honestly don't know what I've done and should've just left it alone the first time I plugged it in to my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back