[FiiO K5Pro/K5Pro ESS]Desktop DAC and Amplifier+768K/32Bit and DSD512 decoding+3 gain levels (K5 Pro ESS (Red Version) Is Available Now)
Sep 6, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #259 of 633
When you switch the volume knob to zero, it acts as a power switch and turns the device off. This also turns the light off (my unit does anyway).

i am liking the unit a lot. I don't know if I love the sound for my aeon flow closed, but it could be that I want a valve amp for them to make them warmer.

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #260 of 633
Fiio K5 pro got my attention in that it has lots of input options and enough power for my headphones.
It can be used as preamplifier for my living room audio to drive my Krell power amplifier where I can hear either from the Krell or headphone jack of Fiio K5 pro. I think it is wonderful solution.
However one thing is lacking, which is a remote for that purpose.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #263 of 633
The K5 Pro looks interesting. How well will it pair with a Shure SRH1540?
Very well :) The AKM DAC is smooth and natural up top and will complement the SHR1540 good.

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #265 of 633
Fiio's advantage has been availability due to portability by design.
We expect this same philosophy for Fiio k5 pro, even though it is designed for desktop which limits the portability.
However a remote will make them more available in case its application of pre-amplifier to home stereo system.
It might bypass an old receiver that has array of poor dac / preamplifiers.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #266 of 633
When you switch the volume knob to zero, it acts as a power switch and turns the device off. This also turns the light off (my unit does anyway).

i am liking the unit a lot. I don't know if I love the sound for my aeon flow closed, but it could be that I want a valve amp for them to make them warmer.
Yes, when I had them on hand I have to admit to really finding them dry so for me some tubey goodness would be a necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back