[FiiO K5Pro/K5Pro ESS]Desktop DAC and Amplifier+768K/32Bit and DSD512 decoding+3 gain levels (K5 Pro ESS (Red Version) Is Available Now)
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #47 of 633

Key features of the FiiO K5 Pro include:

* High-performance DAC: AK4493

*USB decoding chip:XMOS XUF208

* Specially-designed audio architecture: second-order LPF+analog volume adjustment + voltage amplification +current drive

* Variety of inputs: coaxial/optical/RCA line-in

* Variety of outputs:6.35mm (1/4 in.) headphone out/RCA line-out

* Gain control: low, medium, and high gain

* USB DAC:768K/32Bit and DSD decoding

* RGB sampling rate indicator: blue/green/yellow

*Extremely powerful, easily powers any full-size headphones

* Available in Black now

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #51 of 633
Was the original K5 a current-gain amplifier, that switched to voltage mode just before the headphone output? I realize that’s kind of a nerd comment, but having really liked other amps that did that (Questyle, Cavalli, Sennheiser), I thought it was cool and heard a rumor that the FiiO K5 was doing it too. This pro model looks nice :)

Edit: I love my FiiO X7, debating on whether to buy the THX amp module AM3D or try to buy an M11. Is it the same amp in both? I actually quite like the DAC in the X7, haven’t tried the AKM that’s in the M11 but I like the idea of more battery life, Miss the idea of extra amp modules (I have three!).

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #52 of 633
Looks Good. Nice profile for desktop.

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #54 of 633
Winning isn't everything. But K5 Pro could be something useful for people who sit in front of the computer a lot. I can see how the ample power and the versatile three gain settings and the spdif support are pluses. I do wonder if the usb input supports android and ios, because
some people may want to just check to see if it is possible. As for not having any wireless support, I guess it was to lower the cost. But the K5 Pro seems big enough to house a lot of stuff in there though. I wonder if they left the door open for modder to put in their huge caps and Burson op amps.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #56 of 633
I've enjoyed the quality to price ratio of al my other other FiiO amps and dacs. I'd love to try this one :dt880smile:

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #59 of 633

Key features of the FiiO K5 Pro include:

* High-performance DAC: AK4493

*USB decoding chip:XMOS XUF208

* Specially-designed audio architecture: second-order LPF+analog volume adjustment + voltage amplification +current drive

* Variety of inputs: coaxial/optical/RCA line-in

* Variety of outputs:6.35mm (1/4 in.) headphone out/RCA line-out

* Gain control: low, medium, and high gain

* USB DAC:768K/32Bit and DSD decoding

* RGB sampling rate indicator: blue/green/yellow

*Extremely powerful, easily powers any full-size headphones

* Available in Black now

I would definitely use this one to replace my old E17K. It looks so sleek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back