FiiO K3 vs Audioengine D3 vs DacMagic XS
Oct 29, 2019 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Tatalor51

New Head-Fier
I bought all these from a nice local store in Romania and they costed the following: 55 Euros for the DacMagic XS, 75E for the D3 and 110E for the FiiO K3, the first two being heavily discounted.Both of them are more expensive than the FiiO K3, especially the D3, not considering the discounts. Is the non discounted price difference reflective of their quality?

Listening alternatively on all three of them from a Tidal Hi-Fi account with ATH-MSR7, ATH-M50x and Sennheiser HD 569, the difference between them is somewhat small. If anything, the D3 sounds best, followed by the DAC Magic XS and FiiO being the last. Also, FiiO has the lowest max volume of the 3, even with gain. Not a huge issue as I'll never listen to max volume but still.

I probably won't go beyond 150 Ohms or 300E or so headphones and I won't need Coax or optical outs from the FiiO as I'll only use it with headphones.

Is there any reasonable scenario, considering the above, in which FiiO would be better? My ears are not trained for this, it's a newly discovered interest and I might be missing things, but at the moment I like the FiiO the least while being the most expensive by far. Would I be better off returning the FiiO, getting another D3 or DacMagic for work and using the difference for more expensive headphones?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back