[FIIO K11]Truly Balanced, Truly Brilliant! Desktop DAC and Headphone Amplifier
Nov 27, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #76 of 158
I can't seem to get the coax to emit sound
According to the user manual, coax only outputs sound if the digital input is done via USB

Dec 26, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #78 of 158
Anyone else notice a significant pause in sound when you start playback in some cases with the K11? I'll start a youtube video, and I won't hear anything for the first 1-2 seconds and then the sound cuts in, but I've lost the first few words in the video and have to go back and restart it.

I'd like to think it is software, or something else wrong with my setup. But none of my other DACs show this problem. Everything is connected via USB to a Windows 11 computer.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #79 of 158
Anyone else notice a significant pause in sound when you start playback in some cases with the K11? I'll start a youtube video, and I won't hear anything for the first 1-2 seconds and then the sound cuts in, but I've lost the first few words in the video and have to go back and restart it.

I'd like to think it is software, or something else wrong with my setup. But none of my other DACs show this problem. Everything is connected via USB to a Windows 11 computer.
I've just got one and I have noticed this is a couple of occasions. I thought it was just me imagining it, looks like I wasn't.

Dec 28, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #80 of 158
I have an issue with the FiiO K11 causing clipping in some audio streams. Examples Hoonigan from 12/27/2023 at 15:23 you hear it the first time, then it repeats a few times shortly after.Sorry for language but this was just a normal youtube channel I view. Another example almost from the start I get clipping on .

If I use my on board chip, nothing is clipped. I also checked both of these streams via another computer with an older detecated pci sound card, no problems with clipping

I am on FW V122 , updating to this FW did fix issues I had with windows volume control and removed the audio delay when starting other sources.

Dec 29, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #81 of 158
I have an issue with the FiiO K11 causing clipping in some audio streams. Examples Hoonigan from 12/27/2023 at 15:23 you hear it the first time, then it repeats a few times shortly after.Sorry for language but this was just a normal youtube channel I view. Another example almost from the start I get clipping on .

If I use my on board chip, nothing is clipped. I also checked both of these streams via another computer with an older detecated pci sound card, no problems with clipping

I am on FW V122 , updating to this FW did fix issues I had with windows volume control and removed the audio delay when starting other sources.

I've just got one and I have noticed this is a couple of occasions. I thought it was just me imagining it, looks like I wasn't.
Thanks for clueing me in @Silvertrance. V122 seems to have fixed the delay issue I was experiencing, which makes me very happy cause otherwise I really wanted to use this amp!

Speaking of your issue, I tried both of those videos and did not notice any audio problems at the places you mentioned. I hope you figure it out.

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #82 of 158

As a matter of interest, what volume do you listen at, and - as a sub-question, does the clipping diminish / vanish if the volume is lowered?

Dec 29, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #83 of 158

Try this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...os-driver-settings-for-no-cutoff-delay.25838/

"XMOS driver settings for no cutoff/delay"

"all XMOS drivers on devices that have a cutoff -- latency between the start of a sound and the dac "reacting" and actually playing said sound..."

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #84 of 158
Jan 2, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #86 of 158
Hello, Fiio!

I have read the specs here https://www.fiio.com/k11_parameters

6.35mm output power for 16Ω - L+R≥720mW +720mW
4.4mm output power for 16Ω - L+R≥570mW+570mW

Does it mean that we get more power with SE connection than with BAL? I thought that we typically get more power with BAL connection..

I want to use K11 with planar headphones Hifiman Edition XS (18Ω) and want to figure out what is the right way to give them as much power as K11 is capable of.

Thank You.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #87 of 158
Does it mean that I do get more power with SE connection than with BAL?
Yes at 16 Ohms, no at 32 Ohms (1,400 Ohms balanced, 520 Ohms SE) and higher.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #89 of 158
With BAL connection we get 570mW for the right driver and 570mW for the left, right?

With SE connection is it 720mW for right and 720mW for left? Or is it 720/2=360mW for each side?
No, With SE you get 720 mW on each channel. Power is specified the same in both cases.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #90 of 158
ahmonge, thank you for help! So far it seems that I do not benefit from using BAL instead of SE, as It will even decrease the output power(

The next question is will there be any benefit in terms of sound if I use some other amp with let’s say 4000mW output?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back