FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #1,727 of 1,891
Personally, I don't consider the FiiO FD5 to be a portable headphone. It is designed for serious listening at home and is designed to be durable and long lasting in that scenario. Why does anyone want to use a high resolution and expensive iem for portable use when you aren't able to fully concentrate on the music because of noise and outside distractions? Purchase a decent acrylic iem for your use since you know a metal shell won't work for you. If you knew a metal shell wouldn't work for you, I don't understand why you purchased the FD5 in the first place. And the Sennheiser IE600 you mentioned may very well have condensation inside the metal shell even if it doesn't have condensation on the nozzle.
I have gym headphones that are TWS, I have the FD5, and I have my desktop rig. Any time I'm listening to music outside of the gym and not at my desk, it's the FD5. I've had the set for a while now and they're doing great. Why on earth would I buy IEMs if I'm only going to listen to them sitting at my desk?

Mar 24, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #1,729 of 1,891
the government doesnt want you to know this, but you can listen to any iem where ever you want.

Attachments

• 20230324_054854.jpg
    20230324_054854.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 27, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #1,731 of 1,891
The other day I decided to try not to put the FD5 shells as deep into my ear as possible and was simply amazed at how much the sound has changed! 👀 The stage became noticeably larger, a bunch of new details appeared in the sound, plus the treble became more noticeable and pronounced, which I really liked 😍 🥳 The tips I use are those that come with the FD5, which are signed "Vocal" (medium size). To my ears, it is these tips that give the maximum sound performance from the FD5 👍 For example, with the SpinFit CP100 there is too much trouble (it is difficult to put in the ear canal), plus they give out an excessively bass sound. Therefore, I settled on the "Vocal" tips that are included in the package. In my opinion they give a much more balanced sound than the ones labeled "Balanced" 🙂

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #1,732 of 1,891
Yes of all tips included the vocal ones are my favorites too. FD5 is really hard to get a good seal with tips. Personally I found out some to work best - Spinfits cp100+, cp145, final e, RaptGo adaptive eartips and azla sedna standard. Btw the new Faeulle h570 sold in AliExpress are my new favorite ones for all my IEMs. Very comfortable and sort of close to Azla Sedna crystal but for a third of a price. Worth a look 😉

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #1,733 of 1,891
I gotta say the Spinfit W1s are pretty excellent to my ears. The Sednas are GREAT but boost the bass a touch more than I prefer.

Mar 28, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,734 of 1,891
IMG_20230328_164923.jpg

Just received these babies from AliExpress 😁
Top from left to right Feaulle H270, Feaulle H570, Tanchjim T300, Dunu S&S
Bottom left to right Azla Sedna earfit short, Vivid, Crystal
Initial impressions are very good. Tested on FD5 I was settled with Dunu and Azla Short cause they fit perfectly. Also Tanchjim is great and very satisfied from both comfort and performance by H570. Those are unbelievable value (although I had to order a size smaller, cause they don't fit quite right)🙂
IMG_20230328_164738.jpg

Mar 28, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #1,736 of 1,891
IMG_20230328_164923.jpg
Just received these babies from AliExpress 😁
Top from left to right Feaulle H270, Feaulle H570, Tanchjim T300, Dunu S&S
Bottom left to right Azla Sedna earfit short, Vivid, Crystal
Initial impressions are very good. Tested on FD5 I was settled with Dunu and Azla Short cause they fit perfectly. Also Tanchjim is great and very satisfied from both comfort and performance by H570. Those are unbelievable value (although I had to order a size smaller, cause they don't fit quite right)🙂
IMG_20230328_164738.jpg
Dear friend,

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 29, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #1,737 of 1,891
@FiiO What about the condensation problem I wrote about on the previous page? 🤔 Or do you respond/react only to positive reviews and ignore criticism? The problem of condensation is faced by many users of in-ear headphones whose shells are made of metal. We can say that this is a common problem that many manufacturers like to keep silent about for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #1,738 of 1,891
Does your company plan to continue to create in-ear headphones in a metal shell, which leads to condensation at least on the sound tubes? If yes, then it is very sad, because there are no significant advantages from using metal shells in in-ear headphones, except for show-offs, of course.

Cons of using metal shells:
1. Lead to condensation, which degrades the sound and may subsequently lead to driver failure.
2. These headphones are noticeably heavier than their plastic and acrylic counterparts, even if the shells are made of the lightest metal in the world - aluminum. If steel is used, as is the case with the FD5, then they weigh even more than those made of aluminum.
3. In winter or in the cold season, it is very unpleasant to put icy metal shells into your ears.
4. If the shells are also polished to a mirror state, as is the case with FiiO FD5, then this leads to the instant appearance of micro-scratches on the shells even from extremely careful home use. Plus, these shells also quickly collect fingerprints, sebum and other dirt. This is an absolutely impractical material for use in in-ear shells!

Benefits of using metal shells:
???

If someone thinks about greater reliability, then I dare to assure you that plastic shells, with the right approach, are no less reliable and durable (if you don’t throw them from the tenth floor, of course 🙃).
So why then make in-ear headphones in metal shells? 🤔 Who needs all these ridiculous show-offs? 🤨 All this reminds me of gypsies who love everything shiny, sparkling and iridescent 😄 Zero practical use, but it looks and feels expensive and rich! 🤦‍♂️

For some reason, no one in their right mind makes gaming mice out of metal. Just because it's stupid and impractical! The mouse will be noticeably heavier (and weight in gaming mice is very important), it will be unpleasant to take it in your hand (especially when the room is cold), plus it will slip out of your hand (unless you make rubber / silicone inserts on the sides). But for some reason, almost all Chinese manufacturers of in-ear headphones with the tenacity of a ram continue to make them from metal, even those that are the cheapest in their line. But why??? 🫣 What the heck?! 🙄 Or is there something I just don't know and/or don't understand? 👀

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #1,739 of 1,891
Does your company plan to continue to create in-ear headphones in a metal shell, which leads to condensation at least on the sound tubes? If yes, then it is very sad, because there are no significant advantages from using metal shells in in-ear headphones, except for show-offs, of course.

Cons of using metal shells:
1. Lead to condensation, which degrades the sound and may subsequently lead to driver failure.
2. These headphones are noticeably heavier than their plastic and acrylic counterparts, even if the shells are made of the lightest metal in the world - aluminum. If steel is used, as is the case with the FD5, then they weigh even more than those made of aluminum.
3. In winter or in the cold season, it is very unpleasant to put icy metal shells into your ears.
4. If the shells are also polished to a mirror state, as is the case with FiiO FD5, then this leads to the instant appearance of micro-scratches on the shells even from extremely careful home use. Plus, these shells also quickly collect fingerprints, sebum and other dirt. This is an absolutely impractical material for use in in-ear shells!

Benefits of using metal shells:
???

So why then make in-ear headphones in metal shells? 🤔 Who needs all these ridiculous show-offs? 🤨 All this reminds me of gypsies who love everything shiny, sparkling and iridescent 😄 Zero practical use, but it looks and feels expensive and rich! 🤦‍♂️

For some reason, no one in their right mind makes gaming mice out of metal. Just because it's stupid and impractical! The mouse will be noticeably heavier (and weight in gaming mice is very important), it will be unpleasant to take it in your hand (especially when the room is cold), plus it will slip out of your hand (unless you make rubber / silicone inserts on the sides). But for some reason, almost all Chinese manufacturers of in-ear headphones with the tenacity of a ram continue to make them from metal, even those that are the cheapest in their line. But why??? 🫣 What the heck?! 🙄 Or is there something I just don't know and/or don't understand? 👀
If you were aware of all this, I don't understand why you bought the FD5 and in any case if FiiO wants to continue producing metal earphones, the solution for you is simple, don't buy them

Mar 29, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #1,740 of 1,891
If you were aware of all this, I don't understand why you bought the FD5…
I already answered this on the previous page.

…and in any case if FiiO wants to continue producing metal earphones, the solution for you is simple, don't buy them
Yes, the FiiO FD5 is definitely my last all-metal in-ear headphones. Neither the Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd, nor the Sennheiser IE 300, nor the Sennheiser IE 100 Pro have any problems with condensation. Just because the shells are made entirely of plastic, and there is nothing terrible or shameful in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back