[FiiO FW5]HiFi True Wireless Armature Balanced Earbuds,96kHz/24bit Snapdragon Sound, LHDC support, Flagship TWS chip Qualcomm QCC5141 + independent AKM DAC/Amp AK4332
Jun 13, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #436 of 677
Just curous anyone here have issues with connectivity of the FW5? I have a couple of Audio technica TWS at use AptX adeptive as well and there is no dropout but the FW5 starts getting spotty when outside. The issue is solved by going down to SBC but why would anyone buy a "hifi" TWS just to use the worst fidelity BT connection.
No bluetooth problem with my unit. Sometimes one of the earpiece is not connected when opening the case, unlike the AirPod Pro that connect every time. However, closing and opening the case again fixes the problem.

Jun 14, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #437 of 677
Just curous anyone here have issues with connectivity of the FW5?
Yes, it happens, but rarely.
Almost constantly, the headphones just fall off - it infuriates, especially in a fitness (bodybuilding) club. There hasn’t been a single workout yet so that they don’t fall off, at least once.
I have to get distracted, reboot everything: bluetooth, soft player, headphones.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #439 of 677
Updated at 2023-06-16

FW5 v1.52 download link:
Click here

The following changes and improvements have been made in the new firmware:

1. Added support for Bluetooth codec LDAC

2. Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Hey, it finally has LDAC.

Jun 16, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #440 of 677
Updated at 2023-06-16

FW5 v1.52 download link:
Click here

The following changes and improvements have been made in the new firmware:

1. Added support for Bluetooth codec LDAC

2. Miscellaneous bug fixes.
In fact point 2 is more interesting for me. Is there a fixed bugs list?

Jun 16, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #441 of 677
Not sure as still come out the case with 1 or both sides not powered on.

LDAC in Windows not very stable, past 660, they did state this FW may not be 100% stable on all devices, but it seems ok on Android (the odd glitch) but TBH aptX Adaptive is better IMO and both are 24/96 on the FW5's.

I did factory reset them twice to be sure.

EDIT: Nope getting as bad on Android also, the longer they play the worse it gets to the point they simply stop audio and just stutter, try again FiiO.

Wonder how poor the battery life will be now as it is about 5.5 hours real use with aptX Adaptive.

Screenshot_20230616-065721.png

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #442 of 677
Can you turn LDAC off after the update? Otherwise I just might not update

LDAC stability has seemed to me like a problem people have always spoken about but kept demanding regardless

Jun 16, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #444 of 677
From the UTWS5 thread where I also posted the news about LDAC but will keep my posts here now.

Which phone are you using? It's expected behavior if your phone doesn't support QHS
My phone does not support SnapDragon (FiiO do not claim it has to but do mention it can help due to the bandwidth), Andprid has had Android support for years well berore SnapDragon and all others work inc my FiiO's neckband.

I will keep my posts from now on in the FW5 thread, just wanted to let you know about the update and my issues and remember this is experimental not final.

I think he is overthinking what FiiO said, and they can only get LDAC working with a Snapdragon sound for these then they need to give up.

As i said my FiiO Neckband (BT 5.0) and other LDAC earbuds all work fine on Android and Windows, but TBH I am not bothered about LDAC and the aptX family of codecs is fine for me.

Jun 16, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #445 of 677
As i said my FiiO Neckband (BT 5.0) and other LDAC earbuds all work fine on Android and Windows, but TBH I am not bothered about LDAC and the aptX family of codecs is fine for me.
That's because those are not QCC5141 earbuds. It's as simple as that. Qualcomm messed that stuff up, so they even had to invent QHS. All Qualcomm TWM earbuds will have the same issue with high bitrates. Qualcomm is to blame here, not FiiO.
I think he is overthinking what FiiO said, and they can only get LDAC working with a Snapdragon sound for these then they need to give up.
The funny part is that LHDC has the exact same issue and therefore the highest bitrate option was simply nuked. Is it FiiO who messed up? Nope, they don't even have the source code for LHDC, it was provided by Savitech in binary form.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back