FiiO for Grado RS 2i
Nov 7, 2011 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

IzzyAxel

Head-Fier
Hey, I've been looking around for a portable amp to use with the RS 2is, and I remembered the FiiO.  After looking around a bit, I saw they were well reviewed, small, and reasonably priced.  Now my question to you, what model would be the best to use with my iPhone 3Gs?  Looking through the lineup, I have enough to afford any model and an LOD cable right now.

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 5
Perhaps open the sound up a little, get some gain, and bypass the iPhone's Cirrus DAC chip, and use the one in the FiiO instead.  The RS2i sounds great straight out of the iPhone, but it sounds much better through my desktop's PCI sound card's headphone amp.

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 5
as I remembered, there're only two DAC that can bypass iPhone's internal DAC. and those two aren't cheap...

I suggest you try before throwing your money into it. :)

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Perhaps open the sound up a little, get some gain, and bypass the iPhone's Cirrus DAC chip, and use the one in the FiiO instead.  The RS2i sounds great straight out of the iPhone, but it sounds much better through my desktop's PCI sound card's headphone amp.

I think you mean to bypass the iphones internal h/phone amp... LOD cables do that!
If you want to bypass the dac you must use a cable with apple adapter to usb... this means totally different wiring in the cable.
I would get the E11...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back