Fiio fh7 vs FA freedom s8
Oct 16, 2019 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

chucknoel2015

Head-Fier
Im in a search for my 2nd iem purchase. Not knowledgable about iems as i only have the fiio fh7. But i need to find another iem mainly for listening to hiphop and rnb as i feel that fh7 might be lacking in bass or we can say neutral. How is freedom with bass compared to fh7 and or bass in general. I am also open to suggestions. Also fit and isolation is a thing for me. Thanks everyone

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 11
The S8F is an all balanced armature design, and whilst it has more bass than the Fiio FH7 it doesn't go anywhere near as deep with bass extension. What is your budget?

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 11
High end bass headphones? I've got to recommend the Sony XBA Z5 because they are not only extremely good iems but also have amazing bass, though not bloated.

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 11
If you like bass, Empire Ears Bravado or Nemesis.

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 11
I owned both S8F and FH7. I still own the FH7. Sold the S8F (twice actually as I rebought them after I bought the FH7 just to compare).
The S8F is a very good iem for the money. But the dynamic driver on the FH7 is what makes the FH 7 the preferred IEM for me.
I've had all BA and a few hybrids (BA/DD, DD/ES) and the FH7 for the money is worth a listen. I returned the Meze penta and kept the FH7
However, I recently bought the Shuoer Tape (DD/ES) and i will say it does do something for me that I just love. The bass may hit a bit harder than FH7 and the highs might be a little more enhanced on Tape, but for $130 Ive been loving them and i could easily just keep them as my daily driver

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #7 of 11
I owned both S8F and FH7. I still own the FH7. Sold the S8F (twice actually as I rebought them after I bought the FH7 just to compare).
The S8F is a very good iem for the money. But the dynamic driver on the FH7 is what makes the FH 7 the preferred IEM for me.
I've had all BA and a few hybrids (BA/DD, DD/ES) and the FH7 for the money is worth a listen. I returned the Meze penta and kept the FH7
However, I recently bought the Shuoer Tape (DD/ES) and i will say it does do something for me that I just love. The bass may hit a bit harder than FH7 and the highs might be a little more enhanced on Tape, but for $130 Ive been loving them and i could easily just keep them as my daily driver
I also own fh7 and tapes.. I keep coming back to the tapes now.. my fh7s are getting neglected.. fantastic iem for double the price

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #11 of 11
Does anyone know if Fiio will have a sale on the FH7s this month?

Aliexpress is having a mega sale on 11/11, so maybe u can check that out. They usually give coupons for discounts so it might be cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back