FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jul 5, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #256 of 2,258
Completely agree with you about the bass on the SE846's. It's tough to beat. I thought the bass on the F9 Pro's was good. I'm thinking the bass on the FH5's with it's dedicated 10mm bass drivers will be better. Will it be able to compete with the SE846's bass? We will see. The reviews are starting to roll in on this earphone.
Hope to hear some FH5 vs SE846 in the future

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #258 of 2,258
@FiiO Looking your newsfeed on your page, are you planing on a full wireless in-ear? a hybrid design would be great.

yes, we will , but have not decide any detail about our TWS cause we still waiting for the solution from Qualcomm.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 6, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #259 of 2,258
yes, we will , but have not decide any detail about our TWS cause we still waiting for the solution from Qualcomm.

Go for it, Fiio, and be the first! I am convinced this is the future market and it s time for a high fidelity version of what is growing so quickly! It might sound provocative, but I think in about 8-10 years Headfi won’t be about headphone cables anymore...

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #260 of 2,258
Will there be different colors? I think this design and that gold trim would look amazing in a smooth black finish.
Seconded. Can you say "Black Panther"???

Jul 7, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #262 of 2,258
Exactly - we should be seeing some pop up any time now, at least according to what others have said in regards to their reviews. Really excited to see where these end up compared to offerings from other companies like Brainwavz and Campfire Audio :ksc75smile:

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #267 of 2,258
Just got my fh5's this afternoon. I purchased these from Penon Audio completely blind, as here in Cebu Philippines there is no one who has them. I had two concerns going in, first concern was the fit because they looked fairly large in photos I've seen and the second concern was sound. I like a sound signature that is bright without sibilance and harshness, sub bass that has rumble, moderate mid bass that doesn't bleed into the mids, mids that are neutral that lean a little cool and finally, I like treble that is airy, crisp and detailed. My typical music is acoustic guitar, classic rock, folk rock, and some classical now and then. My favorite iem is the Jays Q-Jays V2 followed by the Rose Mini 4, followed by the Earsonics ES3, then the Fidue A83, LZ A5, Hifiman RE600S V2 and a few others in no particular order. As of this afternoon the Fiio FH5 is king in my house. Simply put, for "MY" taste they cover all my sound requirements I stated earlier and the fit is like Fiio made these for me. The cable is fantastic, the earphones come with a pair of black silicone tips installed and in the box are 1 pair of small and large silicone tips marked balanced, 3 pairs of medium foam tips, 1 pair of small, medium and large silicone vocal tips, and 1 pair of small, medium, and large silicone bass tips. The box also contains the typical fiio plasic hard case and 1 very pocketable soft padded zipper case. I don't do graphs or photos, I leave that up to Brooko and HiFi Chris, but if any body has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #268 of 2,258
Just got my fh5's this afternoon. I purchased these from Penon Audio completely blind, as here in Cebu Philippines there is no one who has them. I had two concerns going in, first concern was the fit because they looked fairly large in photos I've seen and the second concern was sound. I like a sound signature that is bright without sibilance and harshness, sub bass that has rumble, moderate mid bass that doesn't bleed into the mids, mids that are neutral that lean a little cool and finally, I like treble that is airy, crisp and detailed. My typical music is acoustic guitar, classic rock, folk rock, and some classical now and then. My favorite iem is the Jays Q-Jays V2 followed by the Rose Mini 4, followed by the Earsonics ES3, then the Fidue A83, LZ A5, Hifiman RE600S V2 and a few others in no particular order. As of this afternoon the Fiio FH5 is king in my house. Simply put, for "MY" taste they cover all my sound requirements I stated earlier and the fit is like Fiio made these for me. The cable is fantastic, the earphones come with a pair of black silicone tips installed and in the box are 1 pair of small and large silicone tips marked balanced, 3 pairs of medium foam tips, 1 pair of small, medium and large silicone vocal tips, and 1 pair of small, medium, and large silicone bass tips. The box also contains the typical fiio plasic hard case and 1 very pocketable soft padded zipper case. I don't do graphs or photos, I leave that up to Brooko and HiFi Chris, but if any body has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

If you could do a small comparison between the es3 and the FH5. I would assume that they have a very different signature.

Have you ever heard the New Primacy ?

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #269 of 2,258
I love my es3, but the fh5 has much better bass, crispier treble and just sounds much airier and in my opinion the fh5 has a much wider sound stage. I have not heard the NP, but I've heard other people describe it as "neutralish" and not dark but darker than some other earphones i was familiar with. I hate dark sounding earphones and I was pleasantly surprised that the fh5's had no darkness to them at all. I actually don't find the Fiio F9's too bright or the blue filter LZ A5's. I just couldn't be happier with my purchase. Hope I helped you.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #270 of 2,258
Yes thanks :)

Your description of the fh5 reminds me of the NP. Maybe the fh5 will be too bright for me, time will tell. It will be a few weeks before the fh5 will be available in Europe so i have time to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back