FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
Apr 16, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #436 of 462
I bought mine pretty early on and have had the nozzle come out on one side. I got it back in but I am afraid to change the tips now.
Can I get them replaced?
Dear friend,

If you don't mind sending the FH1 back to us, we could help replacing or repairing it for you. We did not refuse to help you about that. Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 19, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #438 of 462
I will do that. emailing you now and I will follow up here after your service.

Thank you!

Fii0 followed up with a detailed email for returning the FH1 to them for service/replacement like they promised. The cost to send them back registered post is half the cost of the IEM themselves, and that does not include potential duties I would owe for the return trip.
So thanks for the effort and I appreciate the willingness to help, but I will just keep what I have since they still function and if necessary I can glue the nozzle.

Bottom line, Fii0 stepped up so I am happy with that.

Apr 27, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #439 of 462
Fii0 followed up with a detailed email for returning the FH1 to them for service/replacement like they promised. The cost to send them back registered post is half the cost of the IEM themselves, and that does not include potential duties I would owe for the return trip.
So thanks for the effort and I appreciate the willingness to help, but I will just keep what I have since they still function and if necessary I can glue the nozzle.

Bottom line, Fii0 stepped up so I am happy with that.

Shipping costs are always tricky. :frowning2:

You might also poke around in the for sale forum and pick some up for a reasonable amount.

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #441 of 462
Hello,
I've been using the fiio fh1 iem for almost a year since they were released here in India. I was more than satisfied with the sound quality and tuning of the sound signature of this particular set. I also use fiio ex1, x3 2nd gen and E07k dac presently.
Recently I lost the fh1 and purchased second copy of the same from fiio.co.in 1week back. I was and still very much surprised with the sound quality of this particular iem. It has too much sibilance in the high, sometimes it becoming unbearable. Used both type of tips, also my other tips including comply foams ones. Used it with different source like x3 ii, pc with foober and dragonfly black v1. 5, mobile usb audio player but availed no improvement. I'm fearing something is seriously not right here. The iem itself working perfectly but the harsh sibilance is not something i know in this iem. Is there any significant changes or tuning done between first and second generation of fh1 iem? Or i should contact fiio.co.in for potential replacement unit?
Kindly help.
Regards.

May 3, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #442 of 462
Hello,
I've been using the fiio fh1 iem for almost a year since they were released here in India. I was more than satisfied with the sound quality and tuning of the sound signature of this particular set. I also use fiio ex1, x3 2nd gen and E07k dac presently.
Recently I lost the fh1 and purchased second copy of the same from fiio.co.in 1week back. I was and still very much surprised with the sound quality of this particular iem. It has too much sibilance in the high, sometimes it becoming unbearable. Used both type of tips, also my other tips including comply foams ones. Used it with different source like x3 ii, pc with foober and dragonfly black v1. 5, mobile usb audio player but availed no improvement. I'm fearing something is seriously not right here. The iem itself working perfectly but the harsh sibilance is not something i know in this iem. Is there any significant changes or tuning done between first and second generation of fh1 iem? Or i should contact fiio.co.in for potential replacement unit?
Kindly help.
Regards.

To be perfectly honest, stories like this are the entire reason why i havent purchased these IEMs yet.

May 3, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #443 of 462
Doesn't match my experience. I wonder if its an error with one of the drivers, or its the recording. An IEM won't create sibilance (that is either in the recording or not). An IEM can mask, porrtay, or enhance sibilance though - as long as the sibilance exists in the first place.

For the record. Have had two pairs of FH1. Both measured the same:

9936743_l.png

May 15, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #445 of 462
Dear friend,

In the later batch, we have updated to the expanding connector design which brings more stable connection, to prevent the problem of sound break.
And the nozzle problem in some FH1 have been fixed in later batch. So please do not be worried.

Best regards

:thumbsup:Good to hear that you develop this model. After all these are a great pair of IEMs, hard to compete in the same price range (especially with BT MMCX cables they beat most of middle class Bluetooth earphones)

Jun 5, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #447 of 462
Hi All,

I don't post on HF very often these days, but I cant pay these IEMs any higher compliment than to tell you that I've just ordered a second pair. Please ignore my sig - I'll fix it when I get around to it, but the sum total of my headphones at the moment is a pair of FH1, the ATH-WS1100is and some cheapie IEMs from Sony. If I could afford a pair of Fidelio X2, that's probably where I'd go next but I just cant hope to keep on top of the incredible thrash in the earphone space in 2019, even at Massdrop prices :wink:

Very highly recommended IEMs, particularly to those who don't always treat their gear with kid gloves. I want a second pair so I can have one balanced and one single-ended without having to change cables : throw in the Q1-II and its cheap thrills done right.

Cheers,

estreeter

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #448 of 462
So I ended up buying them and overall really enjoy them. The one concerning thing is that I do find quite a bit of sibilance. I believe I'm somewhate treble sensitive and do prefer warmer, darker, bassier headphones, so I'm unsure if this is me, or if others have had this too, but I find I need to do a full -4dB at 4k and -6dB at 8k to make them listenable to me, which seems a bit extreme to even make them listenable. At first I thought it was burn in and wanted to give them a fair shot. But after both burning in for 20+ hrs and using them extensively on a week long trip, it still needs heavy EQ.

They do sound quite fantastic after doing this EQ though, and I'll be pairing them with the Es100, so the EQing isn't an issue - I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't some manufacturing defect and would love to find an IEM I enjoy without EQ. I might try other tips but the nozzle is so wide that I'm having trouble finding tips that don't hurt my horribly narrow ear canals.

I think I might just RMA them via Amazon while I still can, as that's the easiest route and see if a second pair is better. Overall I do love them, and the sound once EQd. My other gripe is the SE cable - the rubber material is awful and just tangles and sticks like crazy - luckily I plan to run them balanced from the ES100 so this isn't really an issue.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #450 of 462
Does anyone know eartips used on fh1 ?
My eartips lost, im try to replace the eartips with spinfit but the soundsig is different.
Dear friend,

The maximum size of the sound tube for FH1 is 6mm. So it's recommended to buy ear tips whose inner diameter is between 4-5mm.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back