FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
Oct 1, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #421 of 462
In my opinion acoustically they're brilliant, because holography and positioning/imaging gives you a realistic sense known from more expensive IEMs
But sonically I think Knowles is not the best matching for such a rich dynamic bass driver, it should have some warm Sonion driver, the 26A005 or 2356 - and the effect would be just magnificent and perfectly coherent. Knowles is known for its analytical and neutral timbre (which is also often perceived as dry/raw/synthetic/unnatural), Sonion is more on the analogue and natural side (although of course they also have some truly analytical tweeters)

Pros
- textured rich and deep bass
- detailed mids and treble
- spacious with good imaging
- great fit, build and accessories

Cons
- noticeable split in dynamic and armature drivers
- Knowles 33518 armature signature - too dry and raw tonality
- unnatural upper mids and treble

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #422 of 462
i considered these headphones to buy for a long time ago, but what stopped me are the build quality issues. At least in Russia some complaint that in several months the sound in right channel dissappeared. Is it just a problem of a certain party? Also there was one case when the nozzle detached from the main body? Is manufacturer aware of these problems?
I really liked the frequency response in higher end, but their longevity preoccupies me

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #423 of 462
i considered these headphones to buy for a long time ago, but what stopped me are the build quality issues. At least in Russia some complaint that in several months the sound in right channel dissappeared. Is it just a problem of a certain party? Also there was one case when the nozzle detached from the main body? Is manufacturer aware of these problems?
I really liked the frequency response in higher end, but their longevity preoccupies me
Dear friend,

In the later batch, we have updated to the expanding connector design which brings more stable connection, to prevent the problem of sound break.
And the nozzle problem in some FH1 have been fixed in later batch. So please do not be worried.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 13, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #424 of 462
Dear friend,

In the later batch, we have updated to the expanding connector design which brings more stable connection, to prevent the problem of sound break.
And the nozzle problem in some FH1 have been fixed in later batch. So please do not be worried.

Best regards

Are you replacing all the old versions FOC then?

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #425 of 462
Dear friend,

Best regards

I bought mine pretty early on and have had the nozzle come out on one side. I got it back in but I am afraid to change the tips now.
Can I get them replaced?

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #426 of 462
I bought mine pretty early on and have had the nozzle come out on one side. I got it back in but I am afraid to change the tips now.
Can I get them replaced?

I wouldn’t hold your breath. From experience the customer service is unhelpful at best. They make good sounding stuff with questionable quality and customer service. I think the FH1 would have been a massive seller without the poor quality control.

Apr 16, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #428 of 462
can you glue the nozzle back in place?

I'm sure I can but why should I have to? They admit to faulty builds early on and claim a fix in the newer builds. They should make them good but they are out of warranty after 14 months or so I'm guessing, and I'm not expecting that they will.
I only ask here because obviously they monitor this forum and are quick to pitch their products to a prospective buyer. Silence on the question of replacing admittedly defective products should tell our friend in Russia, and anyone else reading this thread, all they need to know about FiiO.

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #433 of 462
When a product is produced with clear faults as these were a good company supports their customers even beyond the guarantee. The customer is then understanding and buys more products from the manufacturer.
They do make some good sounding products but quality is very hit and miss as is customer service. I suppose you get what you pay for in most cases.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #434 of 462
When a product is produced with clear faults as these were a good company supports their customers even beyond the guarantee. The customer is then understanding and buys more products from the manufacturer.
They do make some good sounding products but quality is very hit and miss as is customer service. I suppose you get what you pay for in most cases.

I agree.
For what I paid they sound great, and if the nozzle popping out is the worse that happens it's not the end of the world. The bigger issue comes in when I want to upgrade my equipment and spend 'real' money and Fii0 has shown to be a risky bet regardless of sound quality.
I don't want anything for free, but zero consideration when they know they had serious QC issues is just not good business at all.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #435 of 462
Burty: I agree 100% with what you said. My only point is, since Fiio is not helping in this particular case, and if you could glue it, why not? If you didn't like it from the start, throw it out. One of my first inexpensive iem was the Hifiman RE0 and the housing came off, so I glued it back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back