FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
Dec 2, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #31 of 462
Again, a healthy bit of skepticism. Do you know it is a great price yet? DM5 is $65 for a four driver hybrid, RT-1 is $55 for a Graphene plus armature hybrid. We'll see. I am getting the RT-1 soon hopefully I'll get to try these and compare the two.

You can get a four driver hybrid for like $15 now and the CA Vega is a single dynamic for 100x that. Just because it has X drivers doesn't mean squat about price.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #32 of 462
Why bring in boutique/ high end brands into Chinese hybrid talk? Not apples to apples which is only $50 -$70-ish earphones and actually regardless of drivers. Again, the point was Mochill hyping and how do you know it is a great price vs the now slightly under $50 RT-1 or other competing stuff. Still, and rightful so, skeptical that the FH1 stands out/above as a great price in it's realm yet. Mochill or anyone else can say it is great(as in above or beyond the other stuff or great has no meaning)in value or whatever aspect w/o even hearing it? So, still not proven to me it is a great price and better value yet or have I missed all the actual impressions/comparisons :beerchug:

So, in the end, my original reply was not even about the FH1 which I hope is great as I love stuff that keeps raising the bar and I root for any earphone/brand to do so. More about keeping things real and sticking to talking about what we know or have heard instead of making unproven statements because we like the look of something.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #33 of 462
Because without actually addressing the product you can't make blanket declarations of "well X brand has a four-driver hybrid that costs less." You're not adding anything to the argument. Let's use Mee, hardly a "boutique" brand. The P1 is a single-driver for $200.

Just because it's a 1+1 doesn't mean any statements regarding its quality can be made. It could be wildly underpriced, it could be overpriced garbage. Driver setup means squat, implementation means everything. For that matter, how can you even say what it's competing with?

EDIT: Sorry if I was being aggressive. Didn't mean it. But I think I'm gonna guinea pig this one. The fact that it's 1BA instead of 2 does actually leave me thinking it might be more laid back than the F9.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #34 of 462
All cool. I thought I said that blanket declaration by Mochill was not worth anything yet so we are on the same page. Same with it could underpriced or overpriced which you just said. Exactly what I said. "Great price" declaration with zero evidence helps no one if it is overpriced in the end. What if we all posted similar things about something we like the look of but really don't know about.

Enough with the driver configuration thing. Zero importance as I just mentioned things in that price range for examples. Not sure how you get away from it. You compare things of similar price and recency to determine value. Vs. perhaps the $70 Memt earphone or the $65 DM5 or latest version of the PMV earphone of that price and then we get an answer. Not by just declaring it well before it came out. So, just to be clear, you can't be angry with saying I'm skeptical of Mochill's November 4th declaration that they were great price:)

Look forward to your impressions on them.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #35 of 462
We'll find out if I get ripped off or if I got a good deal. XD

I was on the horns of getting the F9 Pro when Hawaiibadboy mentioned these. I'm more interested here.

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #39 of 462
My understanding is F5 is a dynamic driver that is tuned to be very good, while the FH1 adds a balance armature to tweak the treble end.
How well the imaging is done would pretty much avoid the chance FH1 would not be as coherent as the F5. However on the bright side, multiple driver tend to offer better separation and clarity. But I don't know how true this remains as the driver count goes over 15, cause as relatively new observer, I've only reached two drivers level, still a long ways to go.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #42 of 462

The FH1 is designed to look similar to the total solar eclipse, and also the bright eye.

Authorized to use the Knowles logo
1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers
Knowles 33518:

The BA driver works to mainly produce extended upper-mids and highs.
Composite polymeric titanium diaphragm:
The dynamic driver works to mainly produce the bottomless lows. The effective area of the dynamic diaphragm is 25.7% larger than that of the F9, which brings you richer vocals and lows.
Brass sound tube:
The brass has higher density than the Aluminum, which can produce a more natural sound when it's used on the FH1.

Balanced tuning and precise frequency division
Hi-Res Audio certified

Detachable cable design
Over-the-ear design
In-line remote control
Built-in microphone for quality phone calls
Metal Hoop:Blue for Left/ Red for Right
90 Degree L-shaped Plug
Four Colors for Your Selection : Grey Black ,Sky Blue, Chinese Red, Emerald Green

Hi is fiio f series your in house products or in partnership with dunu?

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #45 of 462
Is there any possibility that this one gonna be released in India anytime soon? @FiiO
Hi,
You may contact your seller in India about that for more information.
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back