[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Sep 27, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #1,487 of 1,591
Open box FD7 is marked down on eBay from MSRP. Might be a good deal if the seller is trustworthy.

Sep 28, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #1,491 of 1,591
I think it is a bit different, at least the cable. The FD7 has pure silver cable, and the FDX gold/silver/copper. I have the FDX and bought the pure silver cable, it sounds brighter.
I love the fdx. It is currently about the same price as the fd7 and you get some extra.
I thought it would be too bling-bling for my taste but at the end I find the bling amusing.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #1,492 of 1,591
I think it is a bit different, at least the cable. The FD7 has pure silver cable, and the FDX gold/silver/copper. I have the FDX and bought the pure silver cable, it sounds brighter.
I've done the cable game. Little to no difference if all good quality, well made cables IMO.

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #1,493 of 1,591
The FDX has the original RC-RE Pro cable from how I understand it, I have the RC-RE Pro 2022 (double the cores), and I like it - having moved away from the original FD7 cable (which has half the cores of that supplied with the FA9) I find it very pleasant, no sharp edges to the tonality, although as @psikey has said, how much of that is in my head, rather than something that can be accurately measured - that is anyones story to tell.

You'd need to pick these out of my cold, dead hands before I would let them go, but - the upgrade bug never stays quiet for long - I do wonder what is next up on the ladder, from what I've read - I don't think it will be the FX15...

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #1,494 of 1,591
The FDX has the original RC-RE Pro cable from how I understand it, I have the RC-RE Pro 2022 (double the cores), and I like it - having moved away from the original FD7 cable (which has half the cores of that supplied with the FA9) I find it very pleasant, no sharp edges to the tonality, although as @psikey has said, how much of that is in my head, rather than something that can be accurately measured - that is anyones story to tell.

You'd need to pick these out of my cold, dead hands before I would let them go, but - the upgrade bug never stays quiet for long - I do wonder what is next up on the ladder, from what I've read - I don't think it will be the FX15...
For what it worth, I like the light and the feel of the original RC-RE Pro cable of the FDX.
I don't believe the 2022 is an improvement; at least for me as I usually hate heavier cable with passion due to the extra weight.

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #1,495 of 1,591
For what it worth, I like the light and the feel of the original RC-RE Pro cable of the FDX.
I don't believe the 2022 is an improvement; at least for me as I usually hate heavier cable with passion due to the extra weight.
I have both cables and 100% agree with you, the one supplied with the FDX is more flexible and to be honest sonically I can't hear a difference between the two.

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #1,496 of 1,591
caved in and bought a fd7 to go with my fdx. I love the fdx but its a bit bling to walk around with. I'm going to use the fd7 out of the house on walks and stuff with my sony zx707 (uncapped)

Oct 14, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #1,497 of 1,591
My new fd7 has arrived and it looks ace. Only problem is that the 3.5 is on so tightly that I can take it off to swap for the 4.4!

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #1,499 of 1,591

Users who are viewing this thread

Back