[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Apr 17, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1,292 of 1,584
Fiio FD-7, paired with Cayin RU-6 and sometime Fiio Q5s Tc, and Effect Audio CODE 23 cable, is my favorite all-around pairing for listening to EDM, Country, Jazz, Pop, etc. It is highly resolving and good punches, not even muddy. But this is not for relaxed listening, more for on-the-go or at work.

My other IEMS are: Sennheiser IE900, which is paired with Shanling UA5 for something smooth and relax listening to female vocals, and 64 Audio Tia Fourte.

I have also listened to Effect Audio Gaea (somehow lacking bass, great for bringing out the female vocals and putting everything else in the background for J/K-pop music, and Softears Turii Ti, 2nd most favorite, fast, alternating sound between bass and treble, just pure fun.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #1,293 of 1,584
Apr 18, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #1,294 of 1,584
I hope to hear your thoughts of these vs the FH9.
Picking them up today so will be giving them a good listen then compare with the FH9 which is currently my top pick iem, though the IMR Elan+ has come knocking at the door recently with its magic combination of DD, Bone conduction + Sonion BAs.

I'm hoping they are as good as I anticipate having read the various reviews and threads.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #1,295 of 1,584
I'm confused... I'm a long time owner of the Fd5 which I quite like. Today I put the FD7 in my ears and it nailed me to the wall. It's a used copy and I put the FH9 cable on it as I like a thicker cable. Using the green tubes and final e tips with hiby R8 on high gain turbo mode. It's a phenomenal iem miles more impressive than the FD5 on a par with the FH9 with a different signature.
I have no idea where the "boring" analysis comes from they made the hair stand up on the back of my neck!
So happy can't wait to get some serious listening in.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #1,297 of 1,584
If I remember correctly, FiiO said they purchased 2000 pure beryllium diaphragms for the FD7 in order to get a low enough price to sell them for $599. The Dunu and Final Audio pure beryllium models were close to $2000 when they were released, so FiiO did us a great service in making the FD7 available at such an affordable price. If the FD7 is discontinued, then I would assume the supply of beryllium diaphragms has been used.

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #1,298 of 1,584
I'm confused... I'm a long time owner of the Fd5 which I quite like. Today I put the FD7 in my ears and it nailed me to the wall. It's a used copy and I put the FH9 cable on it as I like a thicker cable. Using the green tubes and final e tips with hiby R8 on high gain turbo mode. It's a phenomenal iem miles more impressive than the FD5 on a par with the FH9 with a different signature.
I have no idea where the "boring" analysis comes from they made the hair stand up on the back of my neck!
You kinda answered your own question, I found the FD7 to be a bit boring or meh when I first got them. That changed once they had burned in, you mentioned you bought a used pair that probably were already burned in. As mentioned by others the FD7 benefits immensely from burn in.

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #1,299 of 1,584
Agree with you.
FD7 and FH9 are nice complementary iem.

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #1,301 of 1,584
Apr 18, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #1,302 of 1,584
I am also using a FD5 and would like to upgrade to the FD7. What is your opinion in sound signature difference?
For me the FD5 is a bit too think in the bass and would like to have it a bit leaner.
FD5 with stock tubes has more mid & sub-bass and more upper mids/lower treble than the FD7 stock. The FD7 is more neutral with a slight bass lift (mostly mid-bass) and slight lower treble elevation. Basically V-shaped versus neutral warm. It's one case where a comparison graph will give you an idea of what to expect with the tuning. Both have a pretty big dip in the treble ~11K that doesn't really bother me but could probably be called the biggest flaw in the FD series. Technically, I think the FD5 holds its own against similarly priced IEMs, but the FD7 is a step beyond, accounting for diminishing returns.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #1,303 of 1,584
Apr 19, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,304 of 1,584
Why not ?
I'm not sure I'm following your question 🤔 I'm agreeing with you regarding the FD7 and FH9 being complementary IEM's.

Apr 19, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #1,305 of 1,584
I'm not sure I'm following your question 🤔 I'm agreeing with you regarding the FD7 and FH9 being complementary IEM's.
Sorry
Misunderstanding because of my bad English

Users who are viewing this thread

Back