FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #1,456 of 1,891
Hello everyone. I'd like to ask is there any custom eartips that can fit narrow nozzles except SpinFit CP800 (I already have one)? And one more question, is there any tips that can affect the sound in similar way that Final E Tips do? It's difficult to deliver Final E Tips to my country, so I'm looking for altelnative from aliexpress.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #1,458 of 1,891
I have been revisiting the FD5 after a while to do an FD3 comparison and remembered how good they are.
At least if you are into V shaped tuning.
Yes, they're.
Can't get enough of them with Final E-Tips Size M.

As we're saying in Germany:
Fit's like an ass on a bucket (Passt wie Arsch auf Eimer). :ksc75smile:

Sep 14, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #1,459 of 1,891
I found an interesting article, where guy tested and ranked a ton of eartips from different stores, and according to that article, I've purchased Audiosense S400 eartips, because of this description:
It adds “round-meatiness” (a.k.a smoothness and body) to the music without clouding the low-mids. Vocals can be a tad forward but still very pleasant. I would rank its sonic signatures between SpinFit CP-145 and Final Audio Type E eartips. Similar to SpinFits, it has a pivoting cap design.
Purchased from Audiosense Official Store on AliExpress.
It's also very cheap. Has anyone tried it yet? I've also purchased Xelastec eartips, just for variety.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #1,461 of 1,891
Doesn't the vocal tips did the job for you?
Curious to hear further impressions in that regard. :)
Thank you all.

Sep 19, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,462 of 1,891
The vocal tips are very similar to the spinfit 100s. But if I had to compare using my untrained ears, it appears that the vocal tips have slightly less treble, bass, and what I call "snare snap/sharpness" (sibilance, perhaps?). But I should emphasize that the differences are so incredibly slight in these areas, I might not even be able to tell the difference in a blind test. The soundstage isn't as wide with the vocal tips as it is with the spinfits, which is the biggest draw of the FD5. If I had to put a number on it, the vocal tips probably have about 80% of the soundstage as the spinfits. All that said, the vocal tips do bring the vocals a bit more forward, but at the costs mentioned above. I might be asking for the impossible from tip rolling, at least in this price range and sound signature, but I'd like to have all that extra treble, bass and soundstage AND the forward vocals.

I will also say that the vocal tips stay in my ears better, probably due to the texture of the silicon. The spinfits are so smooth such that if there's any oil in my ears they tend to slip a bit and I have to shove them back in to maintain the seal. The vocal tips have some roughness to them that seems to help keep them in place.

Sep 19, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #1,463 of 1,891
Sep 21, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #1,464 of 1,891
Sep 24, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #1,467 of 1,891
What do you think of fd3 vs fd5 as you have them i see. I dont think i will need fd3 as i have fd 5 bus still interesting to hear. Is it poor mans fd 5 or something else?
My thoughts as well. :thumbsup:

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #1,468 of 1,891
What do you think of fd3 vs fd5 as you have them i see. I dont think i will need fd3 as i have fd 5 bus still interesting to hear. Is it poor mans fd 5 or something else?

Dear friend,

The FD3 is an entry-level HiFi earphone model following the footsteps of the FD5. As a complementary product, the FD3 inherits the merits from the FD5 by using a large 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) with a robust magnet of 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux. It becomes more lively in sound tuning and more capable in pop music yet with excellent resolution in high frequencies. Compared with the FD3, the FD3 Pro comes with warmer vocals and higher resolution capacity in high frequencies when equipped with a pro-grade cable.

If you don't mind, you could try and test in the local store by yourself.

Best regards

In my opinion, FiiO made the FD3 Pro a little too close to the sound signature of the FD5. To the point that if you had the FD3 I wouldn't recommend the FD5 as an upgrade, unless you live and breath FiiO.

Between the two I would actually choose the FD3, as the sound tubes share all of the included tips. Whereas the FD5 bass tubes have a smaller outer diameter, that require you to use the included (dreaded) triple flange tips

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #1,469 of 1,891
Between the two I would actually choose the FD3, as the sound tubes share all of the included tips. Whereas the FD5 bass tubes have a smaller outer diameter, that require you to use the included (dreaded) triple flange tips
Good point about the smaller tubes of the FD5.
:thumbsup:

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #1,470 of 1,891
In my opinion, FiiO made the FD3 Pro a little too close to the sound signature of the FD5. To the point that if you had the FD3 I wouldn't recommend the FD5 as an upgrade, unless you live and breath FiiO.

Yes but the FD5 technicalities and qualities are in another league.
So if someone likes the FD3 sound signature the FD5 is a logical upgrade.
I have a comparison here

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fi...s-with-a-detachable-cable.25316/review/26857/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back