FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Nov 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #931 of 1,544
As promised the first Polish Fiio F9 Pro unboxing video is ready. Explosive 5 minutes :)
Enjoy!
Ups. A little letter mistake :frowning2:.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #933 of 1,544
Nov 21, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #937 of 1,544
TL;DR

Amazing value for money. If F9-Pro is your first IEM, you will not be dissapointed.
Punchy bass, satisfying mids and highs.
Great job FiiO!

Long version of short-term review

I would not describe myself as audiophile. I just like listenning to music and value precission.
The review below is based on my personal feelings which might not be similar to yours.

My background
I started with Shure SE215 a couple of years back. Then I switched to Shure SE535 and was using those for the last year.
My audio source for a long time has been Spotify (320kbps) on iPhone + some kind of Bluetooth receiver. For the last couple months it has been the FiiO BTR1. The combo iPhone7 + BTR1 + Shure SE535 has worked quite nice up until now.
For the audio cables I have been using the stock Shure EAC64BK cable, FiiO RC-MMCX1s and SAEC SHC-100FS (PCOCC-A type conductor) interchangebly.
Ear-tips for the IEMs for me always have been memory foam tips (for the isolation and comfort). Also tested the F9-Pro with the included foam tips.
Music ranges from bass intesive Dubstep/Deep-House/EDM/Techno to Classic-Rock/Instrumental/Symphony/Piano/Chill.

Audio quality
Oh boy, the bass on the F9-Pro.. Compared to Shure SE535 it is way puncher, deeper and more pronounced. Even compared to Shure SE215, the F9-Pro wins in the bass department. Very nice. Now the bass on my Shure SE535 feels very flat. Even my girlfriend, who listenes on Shure SE215 every day, said that F9-Pro provide more bass :)
Now the mids and the highs. Well, here I have mixed feelings. In this area F9-Pro feels way nicer than Shure SE215, but not as nice as Shure SE535. The Shure SE535 feels brighter, more soundstage, more details. The F9-Pro does not feel as detailed as Shure SE535, but also not as muddy as Shure SE215. I would say it is a mix of both. Maybe the bass in the F9-Pro overpowers the other frequencies a little. I might need to spend a little more time with the F9-Pro, maybe I am just surprised and astonished with the bass they provide :) And have in mind that the price of Shure SE535 is almost 4 times than of F9-Pro - so it not a completely fair comparison.
And no hissing on the BTR1 - yay!
And mind you that Shure SE535 sensitivity sits at 119dB/mW and F9-Pro at 106dB/mW.
p.s. I mostly use this track to test the sound signature of earphones: alt-j - Breezeblocks. Try it yourself and give some feedback.

Comfort
I am strong user of foam ear-tips. I like the isolation and comfort they provide. The included foam ear-tips with the F9-Pro are adequate. They do not provide as much isolation as Shure SEXX5 series. And they do not go as deep as Shure foam ear-tips. And it is quite obvious when taking out the IEMs out of the ears: F9-Pro go out way easier than Shure SE535.
The body of F9-Pro is surprisingly large (relatively speaking), I honestly thought F9-Pro would be smaller than Shure SE535, but it turned out quite opposite. And the F9-Pro, at least after couple hours of usage, does not feel as comfortable as Shure SE535. Granted, I have been accustomed to Shure SEXX5 series for a couple of years now, it is not a fair judgement now. But the F9-Pro do stick out of my ears more. And with F9-Pro I discovered that my left ear canal form is different form my right one. Because F9-Pro fit a little differently in both ears. I did not notice that before with my Shures. Interesting discovery.
Sometimes I like to sleep with the IEMs and I feel this will be more difficult with F9-Pro because they stick out more than Shure SE535.
But then I noticed that F9-Pro feel cold when putting them into ears. And I thought, could the housing be made of metal, and of course - I read through the description and the outer shell is made of aluminum. Somoehow missed that the first times I read the descriptions. Impressive to say the least and that feels that F9-Pro will last way more and be more resistant to wear-and-tear of every day life. I am always very afraid that my Shure SE535 will be damaged somehow and break.

Accessories
Impressed on how much stuff FiiO provided with the F9-Pro. Nice and professional packaging - unboxing experience is very nice. Two cables - unbalanced and balanced - very impressed with the twisted-balanced cable - it's a shame I cannot use that. It would be nice to get the same quality cable for the unbalanced version (what do you say FiiO?). The amount of ear-tips is quite astonishing also. And two boxes for carrying - amazing. Well done FiiO!

Conclusion
All-in-all I am quite impressed with the F9-Pro. For the price you get quite a lot. I really feel this product defines a new market segment that the other manufactures will somehow have to match. The sound reproduction, the quality of the manufacturing, the included accessories (two cables, two boxes and boatload of ear-tips) - all that makes for an unbeatable user experience. You will not be dissapointed!

p.s. I will add some photos later of physical size comparison between Shure SE535 and F9-Pro.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #938 of 1,544
TL;DR

Amazing value for money. If F9-Pro is your first IEM, you will not be dissapointed.
Great job FiiO!

I would not describe myself as audiophile. I just like listenning to music and value precission.
The review below is based on my personal feelings which might not be similar to yours.

My background
I started with Shure SE215 a couple of years back. Then I switched to Shure SE535 and was using those for the last year.
My audio source for a long time has been Spotify (320kbps) on iPhone + some kind of Bluetooth receiver. For the last couple months it has been the FiiO BTR1. The combo iPhone7 + BTR1 + Shure SE535 has worked quite nice up until now.
For the audio cables I have been using the stock Shure EAC64BK cable, FiiO RC-MMCX1s and SAEC SHC-100FS (PCOCC-A type conductor) interchangebly.
Ear-tips for the IEMs for me always have been memory foam tips (for the isolation and comfort). Also tested the F9-Pro with the included foam tips.
Music ranges from bass intesive Dubstep/Deep-House/EDM/Techno to Classic-Rock/Instrumental/Symphony/Piano/Chill.

Audio quality
Oh boy, the bass on the F9-Pro.. Compared to Shure SE535 it is way puncher, deeper and more pronounced. Even compared to Shure SE215, the F9-Pro wins in the bass department. Very nice. Now the bass on my Shure SE535 feels very flat. Even my girlfriend, who listenes on Shure SE215 every day, said that F9-Pro provide more bass :)
Now the mids and the highs. Well, here I have mixed feelings. In this area F9-Pro feels way nicer than Shure SE215, but not as nice as Shure SE535. The Shure SE535 feels brighter, more soundstage, more details. The F9-Pro does not feel as detailed as Shure SE535, but also not as muddy as Shure SE215. I would say it is a mix of both. Maybe the bass in the F9-Pro overpowers the other frequencies a little. I might need to spend a little more time with the F9-Pro, maybe I am just surprised and astonished with the bass they provide :) And have in mind that the price of Shure SE535 is almost 4 times than of F9-Pro - so it not a completely fair comparison.
And mind you that Shure SE535 sensitivity sits at 119dB/mW and F9-Pro at 106dB/mW.
p.s. I mostly use this track to test the sound signature of earphones: alt-j - Breezeblocks. Try it yourself and give some feedback.

Comfort
I am strong user of foam ear-tips. I like the isolation and comfort they provide. The included foam ear-tips with the F9-Pro are adequate. They do not provide as much isolation as Shure SEXX5 series. And they do not go as deep as Shure foam ear-tips. And it is quite obvious when taking out the IEMs out of the ears: F9-Pro go out way easier than Shure SE535.
The body of F9-Pro is surprisingly large (relatively speaking), I honestly thought F9-Pro would be smaller than Shure SE535, but it turned out quite opposite. And the F9-Pro, at least after couple hours of usage, does not feel as comfortable as Shure SE535. Granted, I have been accustomed to Shure SEXX5 series for a couple of years now, it is not a fair judgement now. But the F9-Pro do stick out of my ears more. And with F9-Pro I discovered that my left ear canal form is different form my right one. Because F9-Pro fit a little differently in both ears. I did not notice that before with my Shures. Interesting discovery.
Sometimes I like to sleep with the IEMs and I feel this will be more difficult with F9-Pro because they stick out more than Shure SE535.
But then I noticed that F9-Pro feel cold when putting them into ears. And I thought, could the housing be made of metal, and of course - I read through the description and the outer shell is made of aluminum. Somoehow missed that the first times I read the descriptions. Impressive to say the least and that feels that F9-Pro will last way more and be more resistant to wear-and-tear of every day life. I am always very afraid that my Shure SE535 will be damaged somehow and break.

Accessories
Impressed on how much stuff FiiO provided with the F9-Pro. Nice and professional packaging - unboxing experience is very nice. Two cables - unbalanced and balanced - very impressed with the twisted-balanced cable - it's a shame I cannot use that. It would be nice to get the same quality cable for the unbalanced version (what do you say FiiO?). The amount of ear-tips is quite astonishing also. And two boxes for carrying - amazing. Well done FiiO!

Conclusion
All-in-all I am quite impressed with the F9-Pro. For the price you get quite a lot. I really feel this product defines a new market segment that the other manufactures will somehow have to match. The sound reproduction, the quality of the manufacturing, the included accessories (two cables, two boxes and boatload of ear-tips) - all that makes for an unbeatable user experience. You will not be dissapointed!

p.s. I will add some photos later of physical size comparison between Shure SE535 and F9-Pro.
Hi,
It would be great if you may share the review in this page(https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-f9-hybrid-3-way-in-ear-monitors.22609/) as well for other users' reference!
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 21, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #941 of 1,544
TL;DR

Great job FiiO!

My background

Audio quality

Comfort

Accessories

Conclusion

very nice review/impressions ,

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #943 of 1,544
Waiting on a nice comparison from someone who owns both Pro and previous version before buying it - if it's just the treble I won't be too jealous (since I don't mind EQ anyway).

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #945 of 1,544
Waiting on a nice comparison from someone who owns both Pro and previous version before buying it - if it's just the treble I won't be too jealous (since I don't mind EQ anyway).

It wouldn't be about treble volume, it would be about treble quality, if that is the case at all. Bumping up to Knowles BA isn't changing the sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back