FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Aug 9, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #136 of 1,544
Yep, amping this babes result on better details overall, im glad i purchase this F9, they are incredible for its price

Glad to hear you've been enjoying them!!

Before anyone picks up on this - additional amping won't do a thing with the F9 (unless you have a pathetically weak source) - they are ridiculously easy to drive. 28 ohm and 106 dB/mW => most smartphones can drive them easily. If you're talking about a particular flavour an amp imparts, then thats fine - but lets get our descriptions right :)

I've volume matched and compared with some of the most linear amps I have available to me - and the extra power does nothing in increasing the usual claims (dynamics, soundstage etc). It simply can't. First rule of thumb - volume match properly when comparing. Do it with resistors and a voltmeter, or fixed tones and a calibrated dB meter. Then you can really hear whats going on.

And for the record, I've been testing this the last few days - about to start writing the review this weekend.

Oh yes, the better details and the main tonality / naturalness I can hear with iDSD BL is the reason I would go with it, F9 and even some full headphones don't need so much power, it is always about the tuning / sound rather than power. Pure power wise, I think that FiiO x3ii can drive most headphones just fine from a power point of view, I mean excluding anything with impedance over 150 OHM.

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #143 of 1,544
20170811_153304[1].jpg

20170811_152931[1].jpg

Aug 11, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #144 of 1,544

I just noticed that your Micro SD holders do not sit flush, does this bug you? It is bugging me.

I just received a replacement X5III after my first one died within 4 months. The old one was perfect cosmetically but this replacement just doesn't look and feel as nice. It feels rougher and the Micro SD holders do not fit flush. For me it feels like FiiO is rushing them through production to keep up with demand.

Aug 11, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #145 of 1,544
I just noticed that your Micro SD holders do not sit flush, does this bug you? It is bugging me.

I just received a replacement X5III after my first one died within 4 months. The old one was perfect cosmetically but this replacement just doesn't look and feel as nice. It feels rougher and the Micro SD holders do not fit flush. For me it feels like FiiO is rushing them through production to keep up with demand.

IMGP1763.JPG

IMGP1764.JPG

Mine are fine.

Aug 11, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #148 of 1,544
I see now, it looked like they were a little raised, my replacement is a little raised with one end slightly higher than the other.

In the pic you quoted it does...so I was like...What??? And took out the cam and went 1cm zoom and feel better now. My X5iii had 1 tray that was not flush and it bugged me too

I really like these earphones but the bass is very lean. I was expecting something around the xba-a2's level of bass or slightly less but its really subtle even in bass heavy songs.

I have not tried EQ yet but they are lite on bass. I gotta think that DD will work if EQ'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back