FiiO F1 and F3 IEM's
Oct 17, 2016 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi

Does anyone have the UK price on these?

I have a X7 on order and am looking for some warm but detailed IEM's for up to £500 and was going to purchase this week, but would wait if either of these would be suitable.

Regards

Darren

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 62
I only tried the F3. Its kinda V-sounding. Soundstage is not bad, with the "out of head" sound. Really worth it for the price you pay. I believe they are on Treoos site, and currently, its up for preorders. Build quality is average i guess, with strain reliefs on the 3.5mm plug. It has a brown smooth cable and i think has some removable plastics on the earphone body itself. Can use this to identify which is left and right. Well with Christmas round the corner, its a good gift and a pretty darn awesome backup for cheap hahaha.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #5 of 62
Anyone with an Alpha & Delta D2 able to try these out and compare??

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 62
FiiO's dynamic in-ear monitors F1 is available with limited quantity on Aliexpress now!

Ultra lightweight, in-line remote control compatible to iOS and Android system, faster transients and better sound quality, the brand new F1 is waiting for you.

First come first serve.

Purchase link: https://www.aliexpress.com/…/All-N…/1473108_32775581762.html

For more product information: http://fiio.net/en/products/63

From: FiiO Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/)

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #7 of 62
I tried them a few days ago, and they are really amazing for their price! The first thing that impressed me was the really wide soundstage, I really felt the instruments were playing outside my head! The mids are a little warm (perfect for OP), and these IEMs seem a little bassy (coming from an ATH-IM02). I'll be getting two of these, really great value for money!

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #8 of 62
I'm buying the FiiO F3 as soon as I can find it available for purchase. 
happy_face1.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #9 of 62
I tried them a few days ago, and they are really amazing for their price! The first thing that impressed me was the really wide soundstage, I really felt the instruments were playing outside my head! The mids are a little warm (perfect for OP), and these IEMs seem a little bassy (coming from an ATH-IM02). I'll be getting two of these, really great value for money!

they're quite bassy and V sounding. Eq should do the trick hahah

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #10 of 62
I've received the F1 and F3 for review. For now I should say F3 is really really good for that price. I'm surprised.

For F1, it's kinda dark sounding and has good bass. I should listen more though.

Great job by FiiO!

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #13 of 62
I have both. I'll be reviewing them here - and posting measurements

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #15 of 62
I ordered both F1 and F3 and received them a week or so ago.

I find F1 to be little darker and F3 to be more metallic.

Both are good and F3 is excellent. But not quite all around winners.

I listen to classical 90% of time. And using X1 1st and 2nd gen and also M3 for Classical and listening via F1 and F3, I find the stringed instruments more metallic. Mind you it's a truer sound but jarring. Too much detail getting exacerbated via transients. Especially Brandenburg Concertos I simply cannot use F1 and F3. I go back to my ostry kc06a and akg k52.

Now on android phones I have no issues with both F1 and F3. A little metallic but acceptable for the detail in music is suppressed.

For other forms of music I find both F1 and F3 to be great in X1 and M3. F3 shines with true vocals and instrument notes.

I am still using them. I will have to try different tips and see if anything changes.

Anyway the sound via F1 and F3 is unique and much different from other earphones and headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back