Fiio E9 Distrotion..HELP.
Mar 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Povell42

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,  I have just recently purchased the AKG Q701 and have been trying to AMP it properly. I have a Sound Blaster Z PC sound card that is labeled as having a 600 ohm amp in it.  This card seems to drive video games loud enough but I felt like I wanted some more power for music.  So I plugged my E9 up to the Sound Blaster card via 3.5 mm.  Of course i could turn it up louder, but it makes some songs distort very badly even on low volumes (music is MP3 format purchased off of Amazon).  It does not distort the music if I use only the sound card at the same volume level.  Does anyone know why this would make the sound worse and distorted at the same volume level?  I thought the Q701 was suppose to be a power hungry headphone.  Do you think my E9 is defective?

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 2
Okay, never mind.  I did some research and found that connecting the two amps together will cause them to amplify noise and cause distortion.  Now i just need to find a way to bypass my sound card amp since I don't see a pre-amp line out.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back