FiiO E7 with iPad2 DAC processing
Jan 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

captainmarvel

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm a new guy here. I'm a bit new to the world of mid-fi / hi-fi, but not new to the world of audio processing, and audio formats.

My question is in regards to the FiiO E7; Does the FiiO E7 (with the camera adapter kit for the iPad) truly bypass the iPad's Cirrus DAC? My concern is that it simply would process as a line out instead of actually passing the processing to the Wolfson DAC inside the E7.

Currently I listen to lossless files from an iPad as my main source of music. Generally, I rip my music down from original CD's into lossless format using DBpoweramp (accurip). I think the iPad does a good job for what it is . . . a portable media device. I couple this with Bowers and Wilkins C5's (I know . . i know . . .they aren't the most popular IEM's around here, but I personally like them after a slight EQ tweak through EQu)

Any info, or first hand experience would be great - thanks!

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 3
Unfortunately, while the FiiO E7 works with the iPad (and bypasses the iPad DAC), the FiiO E17 does not work with the iPad.  The USB port via the Camera Connection Kit does not have enough juice to power the FiiO E17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back