Fiio E7 USB DAC Amplifier I dont know how to use it!! PLEASE HELP ME
Dec 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AKGKING

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a Fiio E7 USB DAC Amplifier. The only headphones I own are a pair of AKG K 172 HD. I know that in order to get the best sound out of headphones you need an amplifier, DAC, and lossless music. I have a Fiio e7 and both Apple lossless and WAV. The only problem is that when I used my Fiio I cannot tell a difference between MP3 and the lossless. I have a macbook air. I use the USB cable that came with the fiio for my output, not the 3.5 jack. I don't know if it is the Fiio not working or if it is the quality of my headphones or not knowing how to properly use the Fiio. I also noticed that Fiio recently released ANDES which is apparently 
a better version of the E7 having 96KHz/24 bit opposed the the E7's 48KHz/16 bit playback.      Keep in mind that I am extremely new to Hi-Fi and I probably have no idea what I am talking about so please correct me on anything if I am wrong.    ***PLEASE HELP!!!!***

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 6
Even on high end headphones it is very difficult to tell the difference between 320kbps MP3 and FLAC. I am not suprised you don't notice a big difference.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 6
On any of my headphones I can tell the difference, but a lot depends on the type of music you listen to. If it is mainly pop and rock from the past 20 years you may as well stick to mp3

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Thats a disappointment. So if i want to hear my music better than I do now should I just invest in higher end headphones? Or is the ANDES a good upgrade from the E7 since it has a higher frequency response. I just want to have the best listening experience for the right price which is around $400. I like bands like Coldplay and i want to hear the clarity piano and the vocals well.   Thanks so much. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Thats a disappointment. So if i want to hear my music better than I do now should I just invest in higher end headphones? Or is the ANDES a good upgrade from the E7 since it has a higher frequency response. I just want to have the best listening experience for the right price which is around $400. I like bands like Coldplay and i want to hear the clarity piano and the vocals well.   Thanks so much. 

The next step for you is new headphones. The E7 is going to be just fine for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back