1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fiio E7 hissing noise

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by kayrie, Sep 21, 2012.
  1. Kayrie
    Hello guys, I'm a new member to this forum. I ran into some trouble recently. I've purchased a second hand E7 DAC about a month or two ago, it looked new and sounded fantastic, I've also purchased an Onkyo TX-4500MKII receiver and used the DAC as source. Before I could fully enjoy this set up, I started getting this really nasty hiss. At first i thought it was my receiver since it was a vintage receiver, but i later found out the hiss was coming from the DAC. The hiss went away as i disconnect and reconnect my USB cable running from my computer to the DAC but comes back every once in a while. I was wondering what could've happened to my DAC? I don't really have money to replace the one i have yet, so is there a way i can fix this? Thanks in advance for the help and for your time to read this thread. 

-Kayrie

2. giraffe
    The Fiio E7 does not have a dedicated line out, but only two amplified outputs. If you are connecting the E7 to your receiver using one of those jacks, this would likely cause the hiss. Fiio sells a product called the L7 which can be used to get a line out from the E7, which costs around $10. I own the E7+L7 and have been able to successfully use them with my stereo receiver. I hope this helps!