Fiio E7 + E9 not working
May 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ace o' Spades

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I just got a Fiio E9 to pair with the E7 I have had for about a year now. The E7 headphone jacks have been on the fritz and it never leaves the house so I figure the E9 would be a good addition.

Unfortunately when the E7 is plugged into the E9 the combo is not recognized by my computer, at all. It doesn't even show up as being plugged in. The E7 charges via the dock connector just fine, whether or not the E9 is plugged in to the PC, and the E9 works great when using the line-in. The pieces are in place, but something isn't right.

Anyone have a solution to this? I'd hate to have to send this thing back right after getting it :/

May 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 9
Did you get an E9 or E09K?
The E09K is not compatible with the old E7, it only works with the E07K.
You would need an old E9.

May 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 9
I stand corrected...
biggrin.gif

The E7 should be shut off, docked with the E9, then turn the E9 on.
When you turn the E9 off the E7 should shut off with it for removal.

If they bot work independantly then it could possibly be the dock connector on the E9 or E7.
Here is FiiO's info on it.
http://www.fiio.com.cn/support/detail.aspx?ID=100000023076562

May 23, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Hey all,

I just got a Fiio E9 to pair with the E7 I have had for about a year now. The E7 headphone jacks have been on the fritz and it never leaves the house so I figure the E9 would be a good addition.

Unfortunately when the E7 is plugged into the E9 the combo is not recognized by my computer, at all. It doesn't even show up as being plugged in. The E7 charges via the dock connector just fine, whether or not the E9 is plugged in to the PC, and the E9 works great when using the line-in. The pieces are in place, but something isn't right.

Anyone have a solution to this? I'd hate to have to send this thing back right after getting it :/

You mentioned that "the E7 headphone jacks have been on the fritz". Maybe there's some other damage too, fried connectors or chips..? Does E7 work independently without E9? Have you tried connecting just E7 to your computer via USB? Of course you can't hear anything since jacks are on the fritz but does the computer recognize the E7? Like TrollDragon said a few post above :)

May 23, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 9
"jacks are on the fritz" meaning they will cut out if the 3.5mm plug is side loaded or put in a certain position. Otherwise the amp works perfectly fine.

Sounds like a have a defective unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back