fiio e7 distortion buzz
Nov 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

justie

500+ Head-Fier
hi all was wondering if anyone had the problem as i had. I juz got my fiio e7 todayso excited, i plugged it in, charge it up a bit, set audio to be palyed from usb dac and played some music (in this case it was my rachmaninoff piano concerto) it was fine in the first few mintues but when the playing gets louder, i get buzz and distortion. what was even weirder is that its not present when i use my fiio with my ipod instead. same file but no distortion..did i do something wrong somewhere? can someone help me out ? thanks
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 7
just tested it with my fren's macbook and omg there is such a big difference in sound -,- everything used was the same except the laptop but it sounded so different. i don get it though...theoretically shouldnt it be the same since all the converting is done by the dac and nothing by the laptop?acer laptop gives distortion but mac doesnt..lol

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
hmm bumping up an old thread curious in this one also, how could the macbook be better when using the same E7 DAC? thanks in advance

x2

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 7
There was probably something wrong with the first laptop's USB, and it was introducing errors into the audio data. USB audio does not have error correction. The quality of the power supply from the laptop can also make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back