Fiio E6
Feb 16, 2012 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

FlobHobNob

100+ Head-Fier
I'm new to the audiophile world and I have a pair of grado sr60i headphones, but I find that they  dont have enough bass for my  liking. So I'm wondering if this could improve the bass on my headphones because I dont want to resort to spending 150 dollars on new headphones if I dont need to.

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 12
It should, especially if you utilize the E6's E.Q. options.

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
I'm new to the audiophile world and I have a pair of grado sr60i headphones, but I find that they  dont have enough bass for my  liking. So I'm wondering if this could improve the bass on my headphones because I dont want to resort to spending 150 dollars on new headphones if I dont need to.

Which ear pads are you using? I found the L-cush to provide the best lower bass frequencies. The flats for me had like zero bass. And the G-cush also lost a lot of bass. The L-cush had it though.

Very best,

Feb 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
I have the stock one i dont know what they are called though

These pads will instantly give you way better sound than the stock pads that come with SR60i. Way better bass.

The flats that come with the SR60i are a crime against audio. They let the sound just go all over the place, has no bass, sounds like a mess. But the L-cush pads, they're small bowls, little amphitheaters, it'll sound like a whole new headphone. For the better. Unfortunately the bigger G-cush pads don't provide the same increase (at least in my opinion), but the L-cush are mandatory as far as I'm concerned for any prestige based Grado.

Very best,

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 12
An amplifier doesn't necessarily add more bass, it really depends on the amp. The FiiO E11 for example has bass boost which would be perfect for your situation, I'm not sure if there is this function on the E6 though.

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
So will  these provide more bass then the e6

Probably not or rather not as much a hardware EQ, but pair that with the E6 and you improved your listening experienced quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back