FiiO E5 Quick Question
Mar 28, 2009 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MrTissues

Head-Fier
Would a FiiO E5 benefit from an iPod Touch through LOD or would it make a difference if you just went mini to mini?

Large improvement if I spent the money or not?

Thanks!

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 14
I don't have the iPod Touch, but I can tell you with my 5.5 gen iPod I prefer the LOD with my E5 over the mini to mini. Just my personal opinon.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorAnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would one use to get LOD from an iPod Touch?

Any compatible LOD would be fine IMHO
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 14
I'm sorry I keep bumping but I just ordered my PFEs and I need to know if I should bother with a LOD before I place an order for the E5 over at head-direct. I want to have both in at the same time so I can get best quality on first listen
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTissues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry I keep bumping but I just ordered my PFEs and I need to know if I should bother with a LOD before I place an order for the E5 over at head-direct. I want to have both in at the same time so I can get best quality on first listen
smily_headphones1.gif

I have an iPod nano 1st gen, and I use it with a LOD and a Fiio E5. To me, the LOD sounds better than the headphone out.

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an iPod nano 1st gen, and I use it with a LOD and a Fiio E5. To me, the LOD sounds better than the headphone out.

The Ipod Amp is as good if not better than the Fiio, and that is the only part you are bypassing with an LOD so if you're going to settle for a Fiio just use the headphone out of the Ipod to the Fiio input. If you want to bypass the Ipod amp with an LOD, then get someting better than a Fiio. C-moy, Ibasso, Travagans colors, ETC.

Apr 6, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ipod Amp is as good if not better than the Fiio, and that is the only part you are bypassing with an LOD so if you're going to settle for a Fiio just use the headphone out of the Ipod to the Fiio input. If you want to bypass the Ipod amp with an LOD, then get someting better than a Fiio. C-moy, Ibasso, Travagans colors, ETC.

Judging from your comments. I gather you're quite knowlegable in this realm and would like your opinion.

I have an iPod Touch 1G (Apple Lostless data) and Shure SE115. If I used an FiiO E5 (in flat mode) via LOD in between, should I expect any difference in "sound quality"?

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by selkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just buy the FiiO and try it IMO
it's just 18 bucks here incl. shipping.
it can be a good backup amp later.

Thanks for the feedback. Ordered one yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back