FiiO e5/e6 + Sony MDR-XB700, good combo?
Jan 31, 2013 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

saipathuri

New Head-Fier
I bought these headphones in the hopes that they would vibrate on my head in bass heavy songs, but they don't. I looked at many reviews and most of them say these  headphones literally vibrate when there's a lot of bass. Will buying an e5/e6 make them vibrate like that? If so, which one would you recommend?

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I bought these headphones in the hopes that they would vibrate on my head in bass heavy songs, but they don't. I looked at many reviews and most of them say these  headphones literally vibrate when there's a lot of bass. Will buying an e5/e6 make them vibrate like that? If so, which one would you recommend?

Might as well get the E6.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 8
I don't want to buy them if they don't make the headphones vibrate. They're great, but I bought them specifically for comfort and the extreme bass which I thought would vibrate like crazy.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
I don't want to buy them if they don't make the headphones vibrate. They're great, but I bought them specifically for comfort and the extreme bass which I thought would vibrate like crazy.

What are you currently using to drive the XB700s with?

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 8
That's quite weird, it should produce that rumbling bass (at a level enough) through a laptop and even a player like cowon Z2.  I enjoy the XB700 more through the a Cowon Z2 than an ipod.
I take it you listen to music with bass
deadhorse.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 8

What's your budget? If you are seriously wanting thump and ear vibration, try BOTH the Digizoid ZO / Fiio E-11 double amped. That's my combo with the XB700's and its flat out amazing. $150 buys both amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back