fiio e5 and cmoy amps
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

thetank

New Head-Fier
hey i am fairly new to this community and i am wondering if the fiio e5 or cmoy amp will greatly improve sound quality? the headphones i use are Apple In Ears and my source is nano 4g, thanks
bigsmile_face.gif
i mainly want an amp because i find that the apple in ears do not provide enough bass
L3000.gif
i am also not looking to spend a lot

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 8
mate in your case, it will probably work the other way round,I'am not exaggerating ,you definately need to look towards getting a decent pair or IE's or earphones or headphones before thinking about an amp.
If you don't want to get dissapointed, chances are once you get the amp you will definately get new IE's.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 8
I concured ^^^

I just advised my customer to get Fiio E1 rather than LD MK1+ as his IEM will be his bottleneck and he would rather spend the money on getting a better IEM.

Good salesman, I'm not...

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by thetank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so would you suggest getting the fiio e1 amp or no amp at all?

Please do get it,not stopping you but also get IEM's at the same time, there are a few websites who sell the two bundled together.

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by thetank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey i am fairly new to this community and i am wondering if the fiio e5 or cmoy amp will greatly improve sound quality? the headphones i use are Apple In Ears and my source is nano 4g, thanks
bigsmile_face.gif
i mainly want an amp because i find that the apple in ears do not provide enough bass
L3000.gif
i am also not looking to spend a lot

Get the following:

A LOD (line-out dock, a cheap one like from, e.g., ebay seller awwan) (about $12)
A FiiO E5 (about $20 - 25)
Sennheiser PX 100 headphones (about $40)
or
Koss KSC75 headphones (about $20)

This is basically the same as my rig, but my nano is a first generation.

You'll be pleased at how good the nano can sound with a relatively small investment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back