Fiio e18 Kunlun issue
Nov 18, 2014 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TheRealCJ

New Head-Fier
So I just bought an e18, really excited... put it on charge last night as recommended before turning it. Eagerly I plugged it into my phone just half an hour ago... and nothing. Zip zilch nada.

Confused, I tried plugging it into my PC via PC-USB. It starts charging... for about three seconds, then all the LEDs flash off, then on, then off, then on. Confused, I tried turning it on. there's a clicking sound which I assume is the hardware turning on like other Amps I've seen, the red power LED turns on, turns purple. For about half a second, then it clicks off in time with the charging lights, then back on, then off then... well, you get the picture.

I've tried resetting it, no luck

Video of the Issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtvPtAFTWYQ

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 3
Update: It's working again, after giving it what my friend called the "fiio bash", it started working again, and I've ioslated the problem to a spot on the body, the last 10mm from the bottom of the unit. Giving it a fairly gentle press will render it completely inert, then giving it a hard tap in the same spot will get it working again. Anybody else come across this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back