Fiio E18 DAC and Nexus 6 combo - I'm confused - hope expert isn't? :-)
Nov 30, 2015 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

surreysteve

New Head-Fier
Hiya

Am using a FIIO e18 as a DAC with my Nexus 6 phone. Using Poweramp to play music.

I have connected USB to USB and have connected my old Sennheiser Ovation HD565 headphones to the headphone outlet on the FIIO. The FIIO selection switch is set to Android (middle positon).  On the positive side, I get excellent sound and can also control the tracks play/next/pause with the dedicated buttons on the FIOO. So things are working pretty well.

So whats the problem you ask?

Well simply that when I press the volume button on the phone the volume changes in the headphones. This is NOT what I expected when all of the digital to analogue sound conversion is done in the FIIO. I would have expected a constant digital output from the phone?

I'm assuming my assumption is incorrect would but be good if someone could explain why or if indeed I am doing something wrong?

Cheers

Steve

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi Guys

Can't believe I've baffled the experts with my first question  :)

Is this question in the right place? - I was going to put it in Portable Amps/DACs until I saw the advisory message on that forum directing me here.

Opinions welcomed or even pointers as to who I could contact to find the answer - FIIO maybe?

Let me know?

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back