FiiO E18 Charging
Jan 4, 2014 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

statis

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have just received my FiiO E18 (at long last), and I have a question about how to charge it.

It charges O.K when plugged into the USB port on my PC, but the user guide says it can be fully charged in approximately 4 hours when plugged into a 2A USB charger. I assume this is so that the E18 can be charged without requiring a PC or laptop.

Can I plug it into any mains (2A) USB charger? There is nothing in the user guide about this, and I want to make sure I don’t damage the E18.

-- Thanks

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 6
Yes, charger of Ipod, Iphone ( not Ipad, be carefull about this ) and others phone's are good ideas. We have a lot of E18 and other Fiio products in our shop. And most of the time when i need to charge, i use my Sony Arco S Charger ( 5V ) to charge micro-usb-charginng-port products, and it's fine ! 

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks, silentmoon

Someone from FiiO also got back to me with pretty much the same answer.

I've had a brief listen to the FiiO E18 and initial indications are that it's superb. It's got a very tactile, up-front sound with lots of detail. It's way superior to the stock sound from the Samsung Galaxy S4.

I'll post a review when I've had a chance to put it through it's paces properly.

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 6
why cant you use a 5v 2a apple ipad charger ? if its current out is 2a surely its going to be fine, as this is whats stated as a fast charge time in the manual . however if the e18 doesn't have charging current regulation the 5a charger could potentially damage the battery and or current regulator (if it has one) ? 
... i must admit i dont know much about lipo charging but it seems to make more sense to me ? 

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #5 of 6
  why cant you use a 5v 2a apple ipad charger ? if its current out is 2a surely its going to be fine, as this is whats stated as a fast charge time in the manual . however it the e18 doesn't have charging current regulation the 5a charger could potentially damage the battery and or current regulator (if it has one) ? 
... i must admit i dont know much about lipo charging but it seems to make more sense to me ? 

I'm sorry. I've check it and realize that E18 E12 can still be charged by Ipad charger. Because the first version of E17 and Astell&Kern AK100 cant survive if being charged overnight by ipad charger. 

Tks for your informative post ! 

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 6
I use a 2 Amp charger I got with my Asus Transformer and it works fine. I have to agree listening to music on my S4 is a joy now. I didn't use the bands that came with the Fiio e18 I stuck velcro on the back and on the case for my S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back