Fiio E17K question
Feb 25, 2015 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tehayshun

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new and I have a question (well I guess this thread wouldn't exist if I didn't have a question so yeah)

I'm looking at getting the Fiio E17k as a portable headphone DAC/AMP combo and I'm wondering if it would fit in the Fiio E9k Desktop Amp (I know that it fits the E7 and E17 but I'm not sure if the E17k would fit).

Thanks in advance

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 7
The Latest E09K is made for the latest E17K and the latest E07K. If you are buying used, then you need to be a little careful because the older E09 (no K) is not compatible with the newest E17K. If you are buying new, then you should be fine.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 7
  Hi, I'm new and I have a question (well I guess this thread wouldn't exist if I didn't have a question so yeah)
I'm looking at getting the Fiio E17k as a portable headphone DAC/AMP combo and I'm wondering if it would fit in the FiiO E9k Desktop Amp (I know that it fits the E7 and E17 but I'm not sure if the E17k would fit).
Thanks in advance

Do you already own a FiiO E09K?
The FiiO E17K does already come with a built in headphone amplifier.

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 7
No I don't but I found this to be a pretty cost effective way to have a setup for being on the go and using it with my existing computer setup

Unless you have high impedance (Ohms) or hard to drive headphones, you should not really need the E09K.
Just plug the E17K directly into your computer.
What headphones do you own or plan to buy?

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 7

Unless you have high impedance (Ohms) or hard to drive headphones, you should not really need the E09K.
Just plug the E17K directly into your computer.
What headphones do you own or plan to buy?

Oh ok then. I currently own an ATH-M50x and I have a Sennheiser HD558 on order right now. So I can just plug the E17k right into my computer and use it like that then?

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #7 of 7
  Oh ok then. I currently own an ATH-M50x and I have a Sennheiser HD558 on order right now. So I can just plug the E17k right into my computer and use it like that then?

Yep, plug the E17K into your computer's USB port and windows will automatically make it the default audio device.
The E17K amplifier has way more then enough power to drive the M50X & HD558.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back