FiiO E17K or E18
Aug 30, 2015 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ChrisP3

Previously known as slicerblade
I'm using an iPhone 6, Macbook Pro, and PC as my source with the A900x and DN-2000J as my headphones/IEMs. Any reason to choose the E18 over E17K and vice-versa?

Thanks.

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Yea oh well. I've added a Sennheiser HD 600 to my collection. Thinking about getting a tube amp like the LD MKIII. But I've decided to keep the E17K and it's been great so far.

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 7
I don't really use it with my iPhone really, thats what IEMs are for. I've heard it works with the USB camera adapter for iPhone but that's too much cabling for me. I do know it works with android. Tried it on an HTC M8 and it ran great.

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for the info brother.

I am going to buy one very soon. It lacks the optical in of the other model but they say that it has better sound. I was about to buy a Valve amp but there are so many choices and I get confused. Also valve amps are very expensive for my budget...

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 7
FWIW, I tried both an E17K and an E18 using the USB OTG input with my Galaxy Note 5 phone, and both worked fine with no issues. I have not decided a sound preference, but I do like the E17's digital display of bit-rate. 

Given 256GB micro SDXC cards, somebody needs to build a very small OTG dongle for phones with 4 connections, one to the phone, one to the headphone amp, and 2 card slots (count these as connections). This could give a very portable, phone based player solution. Most phones just don't have the storage capability for 24Bit audio. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back