Fiio e17K alpen2 is not recognized as an audio device in Windows10
Aug 16, 2023 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

abheybir

500+ Head-Fier
I have plugged in my Fiio E17K in Windows 10 HP Laptop after like 3-4 years. When plugged into USB, Windows recognizes it as "Fiio USB DAC E17K", and also the light changes color to purple on the device but in Windows Output Audio devices it is not showing rather it is coming under "Other Devices".

The first level of troubleshooting that I did is as follows:
1) Tried installing/re-installing Fiio v5.50 DAC drivers.
2) Tried changing USB cables.
3) Removing from paired devices and pairing again.
4) Changing inputs on E17.

I am also using Fiio Q5 on the same PC, no such issues are there with that (It works flawlessly as plug'n'play)
Anyone, please support.

Capture.JPG

Aug 16, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 4
Further checking, it is visible in sound devices under "computer management". Please advise how to troubleshoot further as still not coming under playback devices in windows.

Capture1.JPG

Sep 3, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 4
Further checking, it is visible in sound devices under "computer management". Please advise how to troubleshoot further as still not coming under playback devices in windows.

I posted a similar reply on another thread before I saw this one...

Perhaps it is an intel conflict... your FiiO device appears in the Windows Device Manager but is not listed as a Playback Device. I remember having a similar problem with my FiiO devices in WIN10 as well.

Try disabling Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB audio which I believe may be the culprit causing your issue. Looks like you have two (2) of them to disable:
  • Select the first "Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio" on the list
    From the Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio pop-up window select the “Driver” Tab
  • Click on “Disable Device
  • Repeat again for the second "Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio" on the list
  • Try plugging in your FiiO device again and see if it appears as a playback device now.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 4
It worked like a charm! thanks a ton!! you are the champ!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back