Fiio E17k Alpen 2 windows 10 issue
Apr 7, 2016 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jtroutt

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have been trying to solve this issue all morning and have had no luck. I am using windows 10 obviously. Just got the e17k in the mail. Plug it into my laptop and at first it came up and worked as a generic usb device. That being said I could not get anything over 16bit 48k. So i installed drivers from here http://www.fiio.net/en/supports/31. Bottom right side of the page. After installing drivers the E17k displays correctly in device manager but now I get now sound or very very quite and muffled sound. I have changed settings in the properties menu of the device. Getting really frustrated here. I read so many good things about this little dac/amp. Can someone please offer me some support for this little guy. Thanks!

update if I plug it into a LG V10. It changes to 96k 24bit but give me the same sound. Really noise and muffled really quite sound. I can barely hear what is going on. Yip no matter what I do I get fuzz and garbled quite noise. I have now tried a G4 and a S7 edge as well as two other computers. Do I have a bad unit?

Well it just started working out of the middle of nowhere today. Not sure whats up with that. Kind of confused about it. I might still return it and get another one just in case.

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 8
Hi I'm having the same problem I can't get the E17k to work on my laptop. It recognises it fine but nothing ever comes out of the headphones. It's so frustrating like you said. Wish mine would just start working like yours did.

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #3 of 8
Hi I'm having the same problem I can't get the E17k to work on my laptop. It recognises it fine but nothing ever comes out of the headphones. It's so frustrating like you said. Wish mine would just start working like yours did.

Hi,
Have you choose the input in E17K to 'USB' or choose E17K as output device in your laptop yet?

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #6 of 8
I have plugged in my Fiio E17K in Windows 10 after like 3 years, and the light changes color when plugged into USB but in output sound devices, it is not showing anything. I have tried changing the cable as well. No such issues with my Q5. Anyone please support

Sep 3, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #7 of 8
I have plugged in my Fiio E17K in Windows 10 after like 3 years, and the light changes color when plugged into USB but in output sound devices, it is not showing anything. I have tried changing the cable as well. No such issues with my Q5. Anyone please support
Please see my reply here

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back