fiio e17... What?
Apr 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

grapefruit

100+ Head-Fier
I received my fiio e17 yesterday and It had been working as a DAC through my macbook pro just fine until today.  After using its aux input via LOD and replugging it back as a DAC, everything is horribly distorted, I have no idea what happened.  I reconfigured my output as 96k/24bit and selected the E17, but the sound coming out sounds completely distorted, almost like its been deliberately downsampled.  What the heck is happening?  

edit: switched usb ports and the distortion went away, not sure why

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 4
Have you tried using the original usb port again? It I don't think it would be a problem with the e17 as it still works on a different usb port. I would just check and make sure all the cables are hooked up good and tight. Otherwise, maybe experiment with different computers and wait and see, maybe someone else will have the same problem and post about it.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 4
No problems here.  Might be a defective unit, or just a defective USB port?  

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Have you tried using the original usb port again? It I don't think it would be a problem with the e17 as it still works on a different usb port. I would just check and make sure all the cables are hooked up good and tight. Otherwise, maybe experiment with different computers and wait and see, maybe someone else will have the same problem and post about it.

Quote:
No problems here.  Might be a defective unit, or just a defective USB port?  

It's still happening, but my frontmost usb port works fine.  I wonder if it's a problem with my mac...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back