Fiio E17 potentially bricked by L7
Sep 17, 2014 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

pierreisthebest

New Head-Fier
I have been using the laptop USB out to the Fiio E17 DAC, bypassed using an L7 (with the low bypass activated), then through 3.5mm to RCA into my recently purchased Matrix M stage amplifier. Up to this point I had been very impressed, finding the utilisation of a desktop amp as opposed to the portable amp in the E17 a big improvement. I was swapping some cords and I am aware that I attempted to turn the E17 on while the L7 was in 'upside down'. It offered no resistance and seemed to fit in equally as well. Now it will not turn after an hour or two of charging and the reset button 'trick' being attempted (as this has fixed similar problems before with this 'unreliable' device). The 'charging' light is fully operational and lit, and the computer recognises it but will not transmit audio correctly. My question; has anyone had similar problems/can offer suggestions for possible fixes, and secondly, if it is truly bricked; alternatives, being a USB DAC only (no need for amp) which has a 3.5 or RCA out. Thanks so much :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back