Fiio e17 for my setup?
Nov 11, 2012 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

smeksime

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I currently have a creative x-fi titanium hd rev. C hooked up to a Fiio e9 and I was wondering if there would be any benefit adding a Fiio e17. I needed a portable amp/dac solution so I was thinking why not the e17. Are there better alternatives for my situation (preferably under $200)?

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 8
What headphones are you trying to drive?

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Hey guys,
I currently have a creative x-fi titanium hd rev. C hooked up to a Fiio e9 and I was wondering if there would be any benefit adding a Fiio e17. I needed a portable amp/dac solution so I was thinking why not the e17. Are there better alternatives for my situation (preferably under $200)?

Unless your going to be using really low Ohm headphones, like 25-Ohm Denon AH-D2000 with the Ti-HD (Titanium HD) and Fiio E9.
Or your getting electrical noise in the computer case that is interfering with the audio quality coming out the Ti-HD's RCA output.
I would say you really have no need to use the E17 with the Ti-HD.

What portable stuff (details)?

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #4 of 8
Unless your going to be using really low Ohm headphones, like 25-Ohm Denon AH-D2000 with the Ti-HD (Titanium HD) and Fiio E9.
Or your getting electrical noise in the computer case that is interfering with the audio quality coming out the Ti-HD's RCA output.
I would say you really have no need to use the E17 with the Ti-HD.

What portable stuff (details)?

Ipod touch 5g and Android phone.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Ipod touch 5g and Android phone.

Chance are you not going to be able to use the E17's DAC feature with your iPod and Android phone.
Better just to get the Fiio E11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back