FIIO E11
Jul 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

johnson98

New Head-Fier
hello all, I have a pair of vmoda crossfade LPs, which I use on the go with my android phone. my phone has no problem powering the headphones, but I have read up on portable headphone amps, and, with my budget, I have been looking at the fiio e11. I was wondering, does an amp really make my cans sound better? as in bass, soundstage, detail, and more? I just want to know if this amp is worth the $60 it advertises as

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
hello all, I have a pair of vmoda crossfade LPs, which I use on the go with my android phone. my phone has no problem powering the headphones, but I have read up on portable headphone amps, and, with my budget, I have been looking at the fiio e11. I was wondering, does an amp really make my cans sound better? as in bass, soundstage, detail, and more? I just want to know if this amp is worth the $60 it advertises as

I am not familiar with the crossfades, but the E11 might work well for you. Which android phone do you have? Have you tried using the noozxoide app? It's pretty cool.

Anyway, the E11 is a good little amp, so it's quite possible that it would do you well. Another good amp is the C&C BH (I love it's 80 hour battery life), but it's $100. The E11 is pretty great though. If you can find a used one for $40 or so, you should give it a shot.

The problem is that everything in the chain plays a part in the synergy - source, amp, headphones.  That combo may sound great, or it may not. So hopefully you can find someone who has your android phone, the E11, and the crossfades to make the recommendation one way or the other. 

If you don't get input, then it may mean that nobody who is reading this has that particular combo. In which case, maybe you should just go for it and be the first!

Good luck!

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 6
I have a HTC rezound which, like many HTC devices, has beats audio. I know that word is not taken well in the audiophile word and I must say it does very little. just a gimmick, nothing more. I will try the nooozoixed app though, ( I know I failed at spelling that.) but if the combo works well or poorly, I'll make a review of the combo anyway. btw thanks for your response and like introducing me to headfi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back