FiiO E11 vs E6?
Apr 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wburton

100+ Head-Fier
I listen from my iPod and laptop. My laptop sound card sounds as crisp as my iPod on full volume. The iPod I have is old (2nd gen. Nano) and the volume is not that great so I would like an amp. Please do not suggest the E17 or E07K! I know about them and unless you can find me a cheap one or are willing to sell I cannot afford one. I also looked at the FiiO E6 which could be nice because of the portableness. Please help!
Thanks,
wburton

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 6
Well, purely as an amp the E11 is better than E7 but if you feel that you need a DAC for your laptop or you really need the battery life then you might go with the E7 for the more complete package you get, especially as the E11 can't be charged and used simultaneously and you might want to get a charger and a spare battery if you're going to use it a lot. Honestly, I would go for the E11 or just save my money now and get something better in the future. May I ask for the price at which you're trying to get either of them?

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 6
I think im gonna get the E6, i like the small size and mid boost bass boost and treble boost. i still might get the E11 but i love the tinyness of the e6 for biking

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
I listen from my iPod and laptop. My laptop sound card sounds as crisp as my iPod on full volume. The iPod I have is old (2nd gen. Nano) and the volume is not that great so I would like an amp. Please do not suggest the E17 or E07K! I know about them and unless you can find me a cheap one or are willing to sell I cannot afford one. I also looked at the FiiO E6 which could be nice because of the portableness. Please help!
Thanks,
wburton

The volume is not that great? Ipod volume is restricted in the EU; even then, they can pump out 100 dBA. That means if you live outside of the EU, the max volume is OVER 100 dBA--an extremely unsafe level.

If the ipod isn't loud enough, there is something wrong with your hearing.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 6
If the E11 is too big for you to take out another amp to look at could be the Hippo Cri Cri, not sure if you could get it there. I've got both it and the E11. The Cri Cri to me is clearer with less grain, has more treble sparkle, gain settings and also has a bass boost if needed. It is also smaller and more portable for your usage. A bit pricier though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back