Fiio E11 Repair and/or Modification?
Mar 1, 2014 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Simon C

New Head-Fier
I have a Fiio E11 amp I bought used over a year ago. 
The input jack has a broken solder joint and will only work if it is pressed on in a certain way. 
The issue I'm coming across is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the board out of the shell. I got both covers off, screws removed, knob removed, and nut on the potentiometer off, but I still cant get it out. Do i have to desolder the pot board to get it out? I don't usually have much of a problem with this kind of stuff, but this one really has got me stumped. 

Another thing that is really starting to bother me is that I cannot charge while using the amp, or run in straight off USB power. Has anyone modded their amp to allow this? If not, I might figure out how to do it myself and maybe post a howto. We'll see. 

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Well i just managed to get the board out without damaging it. Turns out you do need to desolder the volume pot. It actually wasnt difficult. At least now i can repair the flaky input jack. 

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 4
HI
I know this is an old thread but I now have the same issue with my E11 and was wondering if anyone has managed to fix this? I have never soldered anything in my life but willing to have a try as there does not seem to be anyone in the UK that I can find that will fix this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back