Fiio E11 for DT 770 Pro 80 ?
Jan 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jordison

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, 

I want to get a louder sound from my headphones. Also, I'm looking for something that will increase the amount of bass and make it tighter. I drive my headphones with Creative Soundblaster X-Fi external sound card. So is E11 a good choice for these purposes ?

Looking for your opinions....

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #3 of 6
If you are playing music from your computer than I don't think the E11 is what you are looking for, it is more used for portable situations. The biggest problem would be that when you are charging the e11 you cant be listing to it. Something like the e7 or the upcoming e17 would be better options from Fiio, and I believe both those products are able to make adjustments to bass. Also look into the i-Basso D-Zero, it would bypass your sound card but would probably sound better than it anyways, it can be used while charging and also has a battery that lasts three times as long as the e11. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks Andrew, 

The problem is that I don't have so many options. There are some Fiio models on sale here in Turkey. The other brands that I've seen are a bit too expensive for me. Maybe I didn't search for it good enough. And D-Zero looks pretty cool by the way 
wink_face.gif
Earlier I was thinking about buying E7 but, using my soundcard's dac is gonna be ok I guess. That's why I'm not looking for for an amp+dac combo.

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah I live in Canada so its a bit harder to get some audio stuff here to -probably not as hard as Turkey though- so I know what you mean. Do you need/want the portability of it? If you don't need something with a battery the Fiio e10 is apparently an excellent starter amp (also has a dac to) and its only about $15 more than the e11. I've never heard one but its one I think you should look into if its available to you.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 6
Actually portability is not the deal. It's about the money I want to spend for an amp. I never used one so this is going be different experience. E10 can also be considered as a cheap one. But unfortunately I could not find an online shop here. Thanks for your suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back