Fiio E10K vs. Audioengine D1
Jan 7, 2015 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

slmckay73

Head-Fier
I'm looking for my first desktop DAC/amp. Everything I've read on the Audioengine D1 makes it out to be a fantastic product for the price--which isn't too bad--but it's still double the price of the E10K. Fiio from what I know also has a pretty good reputation for having bang-for-your-buck stuff. Which one would you guys go for? Advice is greatly appreciated. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 7
Isn't the E10k an amp + dac and the d1 just a dac?

I have read that the JDS Labs O2 + ODAC combo is excellent for the price - http://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/o2-odac-combo/

I'm still a novice, I am only repeating what I've read.

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the recommendation. I've heard tons of good things about that combo, but unfortunately that's a bit more than I'm looking to spend. I'd like to keep it at the price of the D1 ($170) or under. 

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm wondering the same thing...Will I hear a significant difference with the D1 that is almost double the price of the E10k when used only with headphones ? In my case it's with Beyers dt-250 (250 Ohm version)

Sep 10, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 7
A "significant difference" is a very much a subjective evaluation relative to the individual. Assuming that they each drive your headphones equally well to the volume you like to listen (and I have no idea which might be better for that), then I wouldn't count on a huge difference myself.

Feb 16, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 7
Hi all, I just got the FiiO E10K and felt the urge to post my opinion: great so far with my ATH-MSR7. The bass is not huge even because the MSR7 is not a bass heavy pair of headphones but the sound coming out is clear and powerful. I would have got the D1 but considering it would have cost me twice the price I decided to give the E1OK a chance and I am not sorry. I will post some more thoughts after I will give some time to burn to this toy and also test my other headphones with it. 
I've heard the JDS Labs O2 are probably the best ever but at over £200 it is still out of my budget...yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back