FiiO E10K Popping sound when turning it On, normal?
Apr 3, 2016 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Vizuka

New Head-Fier
Hi! I just noticed today when turning on my FiiO E10K DAC/Amp that it made this weird loud popping noise when turning it on, i tried turning it Off and On again to try an hear it again, and it seems to not happen every single time, but it does seem to happen quite often, i dont know how i did not notice it before. Now, i did not really know how to explain the sound better so i uploaded a quick video to YouTube to demonstrate it, the popping is coming from the headphones when turning the Amp on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFdK_5PQppQ

As you can see i am using the Sennheiser HD598, but i have also tried with my regular earphones i got with my phone, and it got the same result. I tried it both with the "Bassboost" feature On and Off to see if it made a difference, which it did not. I also tried with a couple of different USB cables, which also made no difference. 

Is this normal? Should i be worried? Could this damage the headphones?

[EDIT:] Another question i have while we're at it, sometimes on some tracks/sounds when adjusting the volume i can hear what sounds like some kind of static, but only in the Right earcup. Is that normal? Like, it stops as soon as i stop adjusting the volume, and only happens on certain types of sounds, it for example happens when adjusting the volume during the Bethesda Logo opening in the new DOOM Beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back