FiiO E10K or something else for the HD6xx/HD650
Nov 9, 2016 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

c0rp1

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys.

Was from the lucky ones who managed to join the drop yesterday. So now the question is, will a Fiio E10K be enough to drive the HD6xx (it will cost $60 on 11.11 in aliexpress which sounds like a great price)?

For what it's worth, I know there are several other alternatives like the Monoprice DAC/AMP, and the SSML SD-793II (SSML M3)

Any other options in the sub $100 range?

Thanks !

Nov 9, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 4
E10K will work just fine for healthy listening levels.
If you want a much more powerful amplifier check the FiiO K5, you can always get a DAC later.

Nov 9, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 4
  Was from the lucky ones who managed to join the drop yesterday. So now the question is, will a Fiio E10K be enough to drive the HD6xx (it will cost $60 on 11.11 in aliexpress which sounds like a great price)?
For what it's worth, I know there are several other alternatives like the Monoprice DAC/AMP, and the SSML SD-793II (SSML M3)
Any other options in the sub $100 range?

Technically the FiiO E10K will drive the 300-Ohm HD6XX, but not enough to allow the HD6XX to bring out it's best.
Check out the Bravo Ocean tube (hybrid) headphone amplifier.

I bought several SMSL products in the past, but it's not a brand I like having to recommend to others.

What sources are you going to be plugging this stuff into?

Nov 9, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 4
  Technically the FiiO E10K will drive the 300-Ohm HD6XX, but not enough to allow the HD6XX to bring out it's best.
Check out the Bravo Ocean tube (hybrid) headphone amplifier.

I bought several SMSL products in the past, but it's not a brand I like having to recommend to others.

What sources are you going to be plugging this stuff into?

PC mainly (has a Realtek ALC1150 sound card btw). I would like to be able to use it with my phone as well (phone has a built in amplifier of some sort as well - http://www.mi.com/en/minote/hifi/) . Pretty new at all these stuff to be honest...

What about the Monoprice DAC/AMP?

Thanks again !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back