fiio e10k, creative xfi hd or else for HM5
Apr 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HiCZoK

500+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone.
My xonar dg broke and its great because I finally have a reason to get sonething half decent.

I want to go external just for convinience of being able to plug headphones on my desk and not reach for pc. Also volume knob would be great to have.
I also have xbox but usage with it is optional. Jack comes out of it and it just meed amping.

Initially i thought of xfi hd as it looks great, have volume knob, jack in front and all inputs and outputs.
But birds came over and whispered about e10k into my ear. "Pssst. People say its cheaper, built like a tank, dont need drivers and can bassboost Your brainwavz hm5!"

Sooo what to get? I could use sone occassional bassboost on hm5 when gaming.
I also dont care about dolby and other stuff. Just want clear sound as designed by game and movie producers.
Also... Yeah... Music

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #2 of 4
The E10K is USB input only, so I'm not sure it will work with your xbox - does the xbox stream digital audio out the USB port? If not, then you might be better off with the E07K that can be used as either a DAC/amp or just as an amp. Or, take a look at the iBasso D-Zero Mk II.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for reply. 
Ibasso is overpriced here in Poland.
E07k seems like a good idea ! Price is in the upper range but still fine. But It's getting kinda hard to find. Did fiio discontintued it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back